BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Kickingk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Apr 2019 21:00 #205916 by Kickingk
Replied by Kickingk on topic New Jimny waiting list
I’ve been reading the forum for a while and also been into a couple of dealers and was basically told come back in 2020.
I tried another one on Wednesday and I’ve managed to get a cancellation, whoop, whoop!
So if what I’m told is true, then in a little over 2 weeks I should have a lovely Jimny in blue - the exact one I wanted:) :) , however reading some of the stories on here I won’t hold my breath, but let’s see, I can’t wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 06:28 #205933 by Bill Portland
Lucky you! I'm not sure that all those that registered an interest last year, put their names down on waiting lists, paid holding deposits and have waited patiently to be allocated a car will share your joy though.

• Kickingk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2019 07:32 #205936 by Kickingk
Replied by Kickingk on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
yeah, I fully get that, the really weird thing was I could have picked from 3 (all due in 2 -3 weeks), although I was stuck with what the others had ordered (extra's), but as soon as he said blue, then it was deal done.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2019 08:59 #205943 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Call from the dealer this morning. My Silver SZ5 has finally arrived. Hoping to collect tomorrow. Sounds like they are starting to filter through.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2019 13:56 #205957 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Wow. That's really lucky. I placed a deposit back in August last year..... was holding out for a blue one but my dealer has only had Black silver and white ones so far. This next batch of 3 is White silver and a Kenetic Yellow. So I decided to have my second choice of the Yellow..... and that is not due till June /July. So to get the colour you want and without having pre-orderd etc is a bloody miracle. Well done. Enjoy the car.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2019 15:05 #205964 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thanks.

I managed to find a dealer with a blank waiting list late December 2018. I was lucky because they were advertising their blue demo on Autotrader which I tried unsuccessfully to buy from them. So after talking to them I became the first on their list. I wanted a SZ5 but they said I would have to accept the first car they had delivered, Lucky for me it was a SZ5 but our colour preference was blue or kinetic, however I am very happy to accept silver.

I understand how lucky I am. I have chosen not to have any extras fitted so I can at least get my hands on the car and start using it.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 07:15 #206256 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

GeorgeC wrote: Idea! I wonder if the cars arriving in the UK this week actually arrived in Zeebrugge only a few days earlier, last off = first on, and a simple reason for delayed "first quarter" deliveries is the probability that they are still "parked-in/grid-locked" and cannot be easily accessed.

Who has confirmed they are arriving this week George?

More
17 Apr 2019 08:20 #206260 by Bill Portland

GeorgeC wrote: Idea! I wonder if the cars arriving in the UK last/this/next week actually arrived in Zeebrugge only a few days earlier, last off = first on, and a simple reason for delayed "first quarter" deliveries is the probability that they are still "parked-in/grid-locked" and cannot be easily accessed.

As I understand it the guy that drives them off and on the boats in Zeebrugge decides which ones he wants to put on/take off. Certainly Suzuki GB have no say or knowledge of the matter.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 09:54 #206273 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Whichever way you look at it - the whole logistics of the shipping operation appears to be a farce!

• ozziesyorkshire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 10:21 #206276 by ozziesyorkshire
Replied by ozziesyorkshire on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well after deposit left in September I have a car SZ5 in my colour choice , pick up next friday after checking it out .I was told I was !st in line but somehow this is a cancelled order from another branch ?? with options and this G3 protection on it ?? take it or leave it I was told . I took it .

I must say it has not been the best car buying experience I have ever had - big understatement ! I feel sorry for the frontline salesman who have no clue to what is actually going on . A shambles .

More
17 Apr 2019 14:08 #206282 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have Emailed my dealer today asking for an update as mine was due the first week of May. I got a response along the lines of...... We have received an SZ5 auto in today which is part of the Q2 allocations, However your SZ5 according to the tracking system(laughable to call it that) is saying the end of May. I'm trying so hard not to reply with "I'm looking forward to the receipt of my car in September" or "which May?" as this has now been going on since January.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 16:51 #206295 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
So I got the below reply from Suzuki GB........ they way I read it is they are not taking responsibility for the debacle but blaming the dealerships.......

Dear Mr *******

Thank you for your e-mail. Following on from our previous correspondence, I am sorry to learn you are unhappy with the Jimny Sales Process.

Whilst we cannot comment on Forum finds or individual cases, I have registered your dissatisfaction internally and have passed your feedback to the relevant Department for their perusal.

Please be assured, Suzuki GB did not advise our dealer network to take deposits from potential customers, nor were we privy to any information in relation to what deposits dealerships had taken. This was done at dealer discretion. Therefore, if customers feel they did not receive an allocation sufficient to match the deposits they had taken; it would be their responsibility to manage their customer’s expectations. As the manufacturer of Suzuki Automobiles we do not control how our dealerships, as independent businesses, manage their sales process.

Again, we would like to apologise for the disappointment caused and we would like to thank you for taking time to contact us regarding this matter.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require anything further in the future on 08085 011959, option 3.

Kind regards

Michelle

Suzuki GB PLC

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds