BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2019 18:48 #216571 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic New Jimny waiting list

300bhpton wrote: What I'm trying to say is. I'm willing, ready and eager to be a Suzuki customer. But I'm not really convinced they actually want to sell cars or gain new customers ???
And with each passing month an Approved Used Wrangler or even something like a Ranger Raptor are likely getting more affordable. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I share your frustrations! I'm ready, willing and able to go with a new Jimny as well. What I won't do is pay over the odds for an ex demo or for extras that I don't need or desire. All I want is a basic spec SZ4! I'm resigned to waiting up to a couple of years for the one I want but a bit worried that I might not get one even after the wait, as there seems to be no certainty on supply. Yes, I could go for a recent Mk 3 but the prices being asked for recent low mileage ones aren't far off a new Mk 4. What a shambles! I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for my dealer, who'd love to have some to sell. For an exercise in how not to introduce a new model, over to Suzuki......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2020 20:27 #217093 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic New Jimny waiting list
No word yet from the local branch about the current quarterly allocation, but as according to this thread the annual numbers have gone from 1200>1000>750, this is hardly surprising.

• Timpel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2020 05:41 #217095 by Timpel
Replied by Timpel on topic New Jimny waiting list
I did order mine last year on May. My order was 15th in the country. Now mine is 3rd in the list waiting to be built. Opted for GLX (SZ5 for you guys). Can't wait to drive it already. New Jimnys are quite rare here in Estonia.

More
10 Jan 2020 19:56 #217158 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic New Jimny waiting list
Not great news for buyers in Scotland:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-51063412

More
13 Jan 2020 23:31 #217246 by treps
Replied by treps on topic New Jimny waiting list
I am now lost as to what is happening on this waiting list.
There is clearly a new Jimny supply shortage as reflected in this thread. However, a colleague has just decided he wants an automatic. After phoning around a few dealers, he has been offered two manuals in white with Feb/Mar delivery.
Are manuals not popular? Is white an undesirable colour? Are early deposits not converting to orders? Is demand diminishing?
Crazy situation... Here is hoping my June delivery actually happens...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Jan 2020 05:11 #217248 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
The thing is that real demand as judged on the later gen3 wasn't anything like that shown as interest on the gen4, so as the supply has fallen so far short many people are not unreasonably getting fed up with the wait. I also think that a good proportion of initial interest was because of the looks of the car attracting what might be called the hipster/fashion/novelty/influencer/lifestyle types that had to have one because it was cool not necessarily because it was what they needed or had a practical purpose for or actually wanted, which is what the primary market was for the gen3 and what Suzuki thought was going to happen.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: treps

More
14 Jan 2020 07:38 - 14 Jan 2020 07:41 #217254 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list
Is there a waiting list for an exact specification vehicle in precisely the colour you want......yes.

Is there a waiting list for someone prepared to accept a number of different specifications and prepared to phone around dealers constantly....not always.

If you are 4 or 5 in a dealers list then the theoretical wait is months, if everyone in front of you is waiting for say, a black Auto, then you can immediately be lucky when something else turns up.

Are manuals not popular? - they are very popular
Is white an undesirable colour? - least popular colour
Are early deposits not converting to orders? - Yes (although no-one should have paid a deposit) Each Jimny that is sold probably removes 4 people from the lists, people having registered with multiple dealers.
Is demand diminishing? - the bubble is certainly starting to burst in my opinion. I think used prices will start to normalise

And white is still a good choice when you get imaginative....

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 14 Jan 2020 07:41 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: treps

More
14 Jan 2020 22:06 - 14 Jan 2020 22:07 #217274 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic New Jimny waiting list
Seeing these messages today about a couple one potentially available, I called a dealer near to me. The salesman said they had an unallocated one due in Feb/March, would I be interested in an Auto White one? Yes I said. He then said they will be registering it as a Demo and then selling it for £24,999...

He then went on to complain about traders who are buying them and flipping them for a profit!!

When I said I wouldn't be pay 25k for one, he kept saying well I would have to wait for 2 years then...

Unbelievable, surely unethical for a main Suzuki dealer to be doing this??!!

P.S. if it was available at list price, I would have bought it.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2020 22:07 by cailean.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Jan 2020 05:12 #217276 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
If I thought it would have any impact I would suggest complaining that to Suzuki UK but they are singularly indifferent.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jan 2020 08:20 - 15 Jan 2020 08:31 #217279 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hi,

New member here as I have just bagged an sz4 at list price and I can confirm that supply is still awful on these things. You can tell by the quantity and prices of the ones for sale on autotrader. Used ones are going for way over list.

It was a real ballache to get one and some dealers were even saying I shouldn't bother as production/importing is being stopped on them altogether.

If you want one ring as many dealers as you can and you might get lucky like I did. If they have one put the deposit down straight away as 5 minutes later it will be gone.

As an example one of the dealers I spoke to said they have been allocated only 2 cars for the whole of this quarter!

Anyway, it's a pleasure to join you guys(and girls) and I look forward to Jimny ownership. I haven't seen one, I haven't driven one, my wife wasn't happy when I told her (practically reasons),
but I had to have one becausee just like her, it's cheap fun and looks fantastic.

PS. She isn't cheap :)
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 08:31 by zebraman.

More
17 Jan 2020 17:47 #217355 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list
Looks like a mysterious and un-expected batch has turned up in the UK. Some Dealers seem to be getting 2 or 3. Not clear if this is entirely random or whether it is their allocations arriving all in one go! How unexpected? well first some dealer knew about it was when the transporter driver started unloading Jimnys.

NOW WOULD BE A VERY GOOD TIME TO RING AROUND DEALERS

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
19 Jan 2020 15:44 #217414 by No Stock Available
We surprisingly have 2 arriving at the same time this month.... but to be fair one was suppose to be last years allocation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds