BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 20:31 #206614 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Yes.... luckily my wife isn't on the forum! To be honest, I paid for what I needed and with the discount got what I wanted for free.... ie the reverse camera, front grill etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 20:48 #206616 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Aj4x4 wrote: Yes.... luckily my wife isn't on the forum! To be honest, I paid for what I needed and with the discount got what I wanted for free.... ie the reverse camera, front grill etc.

Gonna look awesome dude :-)

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 16:55 #206649 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote: Just had a call from my dealership. Car has arrived early, payment to be made via BACS before collecting next Tuesday! thats pretty much a week early.

Unfortunately, the accessories are on back-order from Supplier, so i'm paying for them in full, and will take the jimny back later in the week for fitment.

Fabtastic, pictures to follow Tuesday then :-)

Well done Andy, that's fantastic!

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 17:18 #206652 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
Had the call and mine has been delivered to the dealer today.

Finally, we are not there yet but it has been emotional and looking forward to the dissatisfaction survey

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 17:31 #206653 by Andy2640
Thanks Guy mate :-)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 17:32 #206654 by Andy2640

wigit wrote: Had the call and mine has been delivered to the dealer today.

Finally, we are not there yet but it has been emotional and looking forward to the dissatisfaction survey

Happy days! It was a fight worth fighting tho hay! ;-)

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 17:44 #206655 by wigit

Andy2640 wrote:

I am hoping I love it when I see it, if not will be on Autotrader with less than 50 miles on it, my other two cars will like the rest

BMW made it easy for me to sell my M2 and cancel my M2 Completion last year based on what they were like to deal with

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 18:14 #206660 by Andy2640

wigit wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

I am hoping I love it when I see it, if not will be on Autotrader with less than 50 miles on it, my other two cars will like the rest

BMW made it easy for me to sell my M2 and cancel my M2 Completion last year based on what they were like to deal with

Ahh ok. Have you not seen one in the flesh then, kicked the tyres, sat inside etc?

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2019 08:40 #206889 by wigit
So went to have a look at the Jimny and I won't miss it, kinetic yellow is bonkers and I love it, good job I am not one for feeling self conscious.

Dealer made a gesture of good will with an added little touch as I wanted a retro t-shirt from them which was nicely handled and all is good.

They had 40 cars turn up last week across the range which had been late and you feel for them as 32 of those had part exchanges against them with values they have had to honour. Suzuki UK are letting their customers and dealers down.

They showed me the interest they have had in the JImny and the file was riduclous.

Pick it up tomorrow then it is off to my detailer to be coated and have some paint protection film put on it and some graphics.

More
29 Apr 2019 11:50 #206900 by Bill Portland
Its arrived. And its beautiful! (well, after the Mrs insisted that they take it back to the workshop and give it a proper polish)

• Davyo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 May 2019 16:49 #207623 by Davyo
Replied by Davyo on topic New Jimny waiting list
We all know some people who have manage to get the Jimny have took advantage of making a quick profit.However when it comes to a dealer getting in on the act its a bit disturbing.You can place an order on a Z5 with Stoneacre @ £18,034 and wait 12/18mths or you can buy the shop soild pre registered in metallic blue for £22.995
Attachments:

More
09 May 2019 16:56 #207624 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Davyo wrote: We all know some people who have manage to get the Jimny have took advantage of making a quick profit.However when it comes to a dealer getting in on the act its a bit disturbing.You can place an order on a Z5 with Stoneacre @ £18,034 and wait 12/18mths or you can buy the shop soild pre registered in metallic blue for £22.995

Except in this instance you cannot buy that car. When I spoke with them they acknowledged it was their demo and they cannot sell it. Upon asking why the advert is there, then I was told it is to showcase the Jimny deals available, I. E. We will put you on our waiting list (again that they acknowledge is a year long with them) or you can consider buying another of their cars such as a Vitara.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds