BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 19:35 #205168 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

GeorgeC wrote: I apologise to you Andy! Sorry!

I also am venting, I have not seen my Jimny for 7 days now!

No need George. I kind of agreed with you ;-)

All good buddy. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2019 06:49 #205183 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
The wife and I stayed at the Stadium MK hotel this week. MK Dons are sponsored by Suzuki UK. As we walked past the boardroom we noticed that Suzuki PLC were setting up for a meeting. My wife popped in and introduced herself by saying “Where’s my Jimny?” She got into a conversation with one of the directors who said they can’t get enough of them from Japan to fulfill orders and that they will be here soon it just takes a lot of time to organise the lorries to distribute the cars around the country. Love my wife she’s brilliant.

More
28 Mar 2019 09:31 - 28 Mar 2019 13:47 #205186 by grumyoldjoe
Another example of Suzuki treating the customer with contempt using the Mushroom Theory. ( keep you in the dark and feed you poo).

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it
Last edit: 28 Mar 2019 13:47 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum

More
28 Mar 2019 09:52 #205189 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I'm not sure I want one that has stood for an extra six weeks at Zeebrugge, whilst the strong winds force salt laden moist air into every nook and cranny.......

Bad enough that they have to come across the mighty ocean on a ship, but you kind of hope yours wasn't the one out on deck.....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
28 Mar 2019 15:42 #205200 by No Stock Available
Really struggling to understand how so many dealers are messing things up.

we got our quarter 2 allocation told to us on Wednesday, we rang the next two people in line and said offered them what came, both accepted.

we then rang the next two people in line and told them q3 allocation will be offered to them next, we will call when have the info on the cars.

its bizarre to hear how so many dealers are just making a mess of this.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2019 15:56 #205201 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: Really struggling to understand how so many dealers are messing things up.

we got our quarter 2 allocation told to us on Wednesday, we rang the next two people in line and said offered them what came, both accepted.

we then rang the next two people in line and told them q3 allocation will be offered to them next, we will call when have the info on the cars.

its bizarre to hear how so many dealers are just making a mess of this.

Bizarre aint strong enough a word mate. Ive been Gas-lighted.

More
28 Mar 2019 21:49 #205210 by JodieMarie22
Replied by JodieMarie22 on topic New Jimny waiting list
There are plenty of responsible dealers out there.

I was a new customer, rang up, booked a test drive and immediately after said I wanted to place a deposit. Dealer said he had one physical car of a particular colour and spec that could be purchased or I could wait on a list for others to come available but he could not sell anymore until his next allocation was revealed by Suzuki. He explained I would not be at the top of his list because at least one famous gentleman already waiting for a particular colour . Also he made it clear he had no idea what the next 2 car allocation would be (auto, SX4 etc). He has now stopped adding names to his list because by February it was over 18 months even allowing for drop-outs.
The spec of the car he offered suited me very well so the deal was done. It was a first quarter allocation and a very small dealership, so he would only offer a confirmed date of 31st March, this being the last day of the quarter as he knew he would be at the tail end of deliveries.

Of course we have badgered the dealership along the way and forced hopeful time estimates from them but that was all part of the fun. All I can expect is the contract date being met and having spoken to them today I can collect on Saturday, one day early with all accessories fitted. It would appear some accessories have been as difficult to obtain as the car. If it happens he will have 100% fulfilled his obligation and been spot on.

The big question I have is What are other people’s understanding of what comprises the “waiting list”. ?
I assumed that as with other car manufacturers, when you have a contract for delivery of a specific vehicle you are on a waiting list. If you are still waiting to be offered a vehicle this is something totally different?? I certainly would not pay a deposit to join a queue at a dealership but it sounds as though some may have and I wonder what the dealers invoice for in these cases.

Premium or niche brands take an order for a specific car even if it does not exist yet and then build the car when your turn comes, be it a week or 3 years later but Suzuki are a mass producer (albeit with a niche product) deciding themselves what cars they are delivering to which country/dealer and leave the local organisation to sort the sales in the knowledge that every Jimny will sell. Their waiting list is only 3 months as each allocation is announced and a sale can be raised against it. This has obviously caused massive problems with secondary lists at dealers and dealers not knowing what they are getting beyond the next quarter so they have to keep several buyers hanging and possibly multiple lists with colour/spec combinations as well.

Of course little things like cars getting stranded in docks or ships sinking are unavoidable and unfortunately have a profound effect on relatively few people .

Does anyone know if the cars at Zebrugge Q2 or Q1 cars? I ask because I was told from the outset mine would be a very late Q1 car but I know from my dealers computer it was in Grimsby Mid February. I did find it amazing that Suzuki Can take over six weeks moving my car 200 miles and getting it sold, they are clearly not fussed about cash flow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Mar 2019 05:56 #205218 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
I am so glad I am not the only one who has worked out that deposits can only be placed on actual cars or build allocations and that buying a place on a dealership list is exactly that and is leaving people open to financial manipulation. This could so very easily end in tears for some people.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2019 07:21 #205223 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I had hoped this would of all improved some by now, I have even started looking at other cars, not that I need to get yet or swap mine unless my RX8 dies on me. I do hope for 2020 though there will be more stock.

I can imagine though there must be a lot more things in play like the fine Suzuki get if produce to many cars with this engine and the fact its made in Japan still must make it hard to ramp up production.

Uk site still shows it off and configure it etc with pricy accessories and finance! dealers must still get so many calls on it, would think the put up a notice to say short supply etc.

I live in Bristol and not seen one on the road yet!!

More
29 Mar 2019 07:24 #205225 by Bill Portland
It's a bit difficult to place an order and a deposit on a car when suzuki aren't taking orders for cars. It's suzuki that have decided that they're allocating cars to dealers rather than customers.

More
29 Mar 2019 16:13 #205249 by Bill Portland
Just been given my 5th delivery date, 2 weeks later than it was last week. the dealer couldn't give a sh!t and suzuki GB care even less. What a way to run a business.

I think I'll wait for the new defender.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2019 17:50 #205251 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well by now you all must realise i'm super peed off. Thing is, I could easily be mistaken for being impatient and annoying in my quest for "accurate" info. But the fact is, I simply do not mind waiting for a car, rather.....its the sheer number of stories I've been fed over the last few months. If i would of had just 2 stories that matched, i'd of left it there, but each and every time, its been different. Now folks on here mention Q2 allocations being announced, yet suzi GB inform me nowt arriving to any dealer until post June. Go figure.....

And to tip it all off, the logistics dept of Suzuki GB never got back to me as promised. By email or phone she said.....and NOWT.

I'm soooo damn close to ditching the whole thing, sheerly out of principle.

A damn disgrace, and I just hope they see this whole thread.

Over and out.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds