× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

New Jimny waiting list

More
21 Mar 2019 09:19 #204880 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: each dealer knows exactly how much allocation they will receive per quarter for this year, of course we don't know which model or colours until late.


When do you expect to hear what spec your Q2 allocation will be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 09:28 #204883 by No Stock Available
Hopefully early April

AlexK wrote:

No Stock Available wrote: each dealer knows exactly how much allocation they will receive per quarter for this year, of course we don't know which model or colours until late.


When do you expect to hear what spec your Q2 allocation will be?

The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 11:14 #204886 by Jimmysgen4
Replied by Jimmysgen4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I think my dealer have seemingly got it right.

They didn't take deposits, just names and phone numbers, each salesman has a list and they work down it as the vehicles become available in the colour and spec that the customer showed an interest in. I was super lucky, I was on the list with one of the salesmen and had been in a few times buying bits for my dog of a vitara, each time asking questions about the Jimny as I had finally had enough of the rotting oil burner (I regret the day I didn't carry on running my Gen3 and just get the rot sorted!), I realised it wasn't going to last much longer so went back in to order an ignis, so I could run that for a couple of years whilst waiting for the hype to calm down, when I explained my situation the salesman casually said "I have a cancelled SZ4 outside, customer gave me back word on it late last night, if you tare happy to pay for his specified options you can have that one if you like?" ... I misheard him as and thought he was trying to get me into one of those orrible SX4's :laugh: once I realised what he meant his arm was hanging out of my mouth. Only downside? the customer had specified "Gen3" coating, now as I am a painter I am allergic to such snake oil and refer to this type of thing as "the emperors new wax" but hey ho, it's a 1st world problem, I just took the sticker out of the windscreen so it didn't irritate me daily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 12:27 #204890 by Bill Portland

Jimmysgen4 wrote: I think my dealer have seemingly got it right.

They didn't take deposits, just names and phone numbers, each salesman has a list and they work down it as the vehicles become available in the colour and spec that the customer showed an interest in. I was super lucky, I was on the list with one of the salesmen and had been in a few times buying bits for my dog of a vitara, each time asking questions about the Jimny as I had finally had enough of the rotting oil burner (I regret the day I didn't carry on running my Gen3 and just get the rot sorted!), I realised it wasn't going to last much longer so went back in to order an ignis, so I could run that for a couple of years whilst waiting for the hype to calm down, when I explained my situation the salesman casually said "I have a cancelled SZ4 outside, customer gave me back word on it late last night, if you tare happy to pay for his specified options you can have that one if you like?" ... I misheard him as and thought he was trying to get me into one of those orrible SX4's :laugh: once I realised what he meant his arm was hanging out of my mouth. Only downside? the customer had specified "Gen3" coating, now as I am a painter I am allergic to such snake oil and refer to this type of thing as "the emperors new wax" but hey ho, it's a 1st world problem, I just took the sticker out of the windscreen so it didn't irritate me daily.


i wonder if all the other guys ahead of you on the saleman's list also think they got it right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 12:51 - 21 Mar 2019 13:13 #204892 by Jimmysgen4
Replied by Jimmysgen4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Each salesperson has his or her own list so I could have been top of another salespersons list and not known anything about it, which I am pretty sure is the case in all sales environments (certainly ones I have worked in) I think it unlikely ( and certainly what I have read in previous posts backs this up) that there is a single "master list" at each Suzuki dealership you don't share your leads or customers otherwise there would be no need for sales people at all, that's just called order taking. They were all on the phones with potential waiting buyers when I arrived at the showroom but none had committed so I did. The point I was making was that as soon as money changes hands then a contract is formed and an expectation with the customer is created, nothing is happening and limited info is available so quite rightly the customer is getting a bit fed up
Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 13:13 by Jimmysgen4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Andy2640
  • Andy2640's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
21 Mar 2019 14:33 #204893 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote:

Jimmysgen4 wrote: I think my dealer have seemingly got it right.

They didn't take deposits, just names and phone numbers, each salesman has a list and they work down it as the vehicles become available in the colour and spec that the customer showed an interest in. I was super lucky, I was on the list with one of the salesmen and had been in a few times buying bits for my dog of a vitara, each time asking questions about the Jimny as I had finally had enough of the rotting oil burner (I regret the day I didn't carry on running my Gen3 and just get the rot sorted!), I realised it wasn't going to last much longer so went back in to order an ignis, so I could run that for a couple of years whilst waiting for the hype to calm down, when I explained my situation the salesman casually said "I have a cancelled SZ4 outside, customer gave me back word on it late last night, if you tare happy to pay for his specified options you can have that one if you like?" ... I misheard him as and thought he was trying to get me into one of those orrible SX4's :laugh: once I realised what he meant his arm was hanging out of my mouth. Only downside? the customer had specified "Gen3" coating, now as I am a painter I am allergic to such snake oil and refer to this type of thing as "the emperors new wax" but hey ho, it's a 1st world problem, I just took the sticker out of the windscreen so it didn't irritate me daily.


i wonder if all the other guys ahead of you on the saleman's list also think they got it right?


Well spotted. Good point.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 14:49 - 21 Mar 2019 14:49 #204895 by Jimmysgen4
Replied by Jimmysgen4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
It seems you both only read and then commented on what you wanted to see not what I actually wrote, completely missing the context and my follow up comment.. I'm not going to apologise for being in the right place at the right time and I think its pretty safe to say that not one person on any waiting list including yourselves would check they were at the top of the list before agreeing to proceed with the sale if a salesman called.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 14:49 by Jimmysgen4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Andy2640
  • Andy2640's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
21 Mar 2019 14:55 #204897 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I do that a lot ;-)

Nowt personal. Just acknowledging his sharp eye.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmysgen4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 15:44 #204901 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list
Personally I think the point is no-one should have to be in the right place at the right time. Stock should be allocated in order of expressions of interest, not the entirely arbitrary set-up we have now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 15:55 #204902 by stiffsteve204me

AlexK wrote: Personally I think the point is no-one should have to be in the right place at the right time. Stock should be allocated in order of expressions of interest, not the entirely arbitrary set-up we have now.



I was told that I was number fifteen on the list, when I expressed my interest, and paid a deposit. I assume, maybe wrongly, that they have one list.



Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 18:13 #204907 by Bill Portland

AlexK wrote: Personally I think the point is no-one should have to be in the right place at the right time. Stock should be allocated in order of expressions of interest, not the entirely arbitrary set-up we have now.


^^^ what he said ^^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2019 21:03 #204939 by Bill Portland
Rang my dealer today for my weekly update of delivery date. For the 4th week running the delivery date has been extended by a further week, this time because of the windy weather last week. Car's still in Zeebrugge (4th week) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

I hope you enjoy using this forum. Please consider making a donation towards the upkeep of this forum website.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.