BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
11 Feb 2019 20:12 #203025 by Hanslow
Replied by Hanslow on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I've still not heard a sausage about mine, other than getting an apology for lack of communication by/from my dealer so far, but no detail about the ship it may be on despite asking for that detail.

To boot, I left the house this morning with scraper in hand to clear the car windscreen and observed an odd pattern of ice on the windscreen. That quickly dawned into realising that I now had a lovely 12-14" long crack in my GT86 windscreen. Annoying that it's going to cost me windscreen excess on the insurance, and more annoying that had my estimated delivery day been met, I wouldn't be having to deal with this issue. It all looks to have stemmed from the smallest stone chip too, one which I think I picked up on Monday last week during a visit to the British Motor Museum and ironically likely caused by the highways agency truck we followed that definitely pinged a small stone or suchlike off the windscreen.

First world problems.... :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2019 22:01 #203034 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

Hanslow wrote: I've still not heard a sausage about mine, other than getting an apology for lack of communication by/from my dealer so far, but no detail about the ship it may be on despite asking for that detail.

To boot, I left the house this morning with scraper in hand to clear the car windscreen and observed an odd pattern of ice on the windscreen. That quickly dawned into realising that I now had a lovely 12-14" long crack in my GT86 windscreen. Annoying that it's going to cost me windscreen excess on the insurance, and more annoying that had my estimated delivery day been met, I wouldn't be having to deal with this issue. It all looks to have stemmed from the smallest stone chip too, one which I think I picked up on Monday last week during a visit to the British Motor Museum and ironically likely caused by the highways agency truck we followed that definitely pinged a small stone or suchlike off the windscreen.

First world problems.... :(

Look at the good news - at least it wasn't your new Jimny that took the hit.

I'm driving along thinking - "If the windscreen on my new Jimny takes a direct hit from a gritter - will Autoglass even be able to source a new windscreen for the next 6 months"? Or will my new car be off the road until Suzuki can ship one in from Japan on a slow boat via 26 other ports en-route?

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2019 08:49 #203043 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I drive passed Cardiff Suzuki every morning and noticed there was a blue SZ5 in their compound so that's hopefully a good sign that cars are starting to get delivered from Grimsby.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2019 10:04 #203045 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I am waiting to see one on the road! not gone to or chased dealer to see what they have or do test drive as not in position to buy yet.
So this delay is working for me at the moment, but id be annoyed reading some of these replies on here how dealers are being and the lack of information at times.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2019 10:45 #203046 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
I was told mine was on the Brasilia Highway which arrived in Zeebrugge earlier this week

Not got a clue after that as dealer not keeping me informed, also running a car I did not really want to be running as much as I have in winter months and missed opportunities for wife's company but heh ho

In reality I presume most are waiting for the 19 plate which in reality I told my dealer would be the case if it arrived in February

Just been a masterclass in how not to manage expectations, I have told my dealer they will not be using it for any publicity on faceache etc

I actually asked to borrow their demo for 48 hours to get some measurements taken for vinyl graphics and they said it was pretty much booked up for test drives, they would be better selling the demos off in reality

More
12 Feb 2019 13:47 - 12 Feb 2019 13:52 #203049 by No Stock Available
To be fair to some of the dealers we are not in control of these deliveries we are getting annoyed off now with how long they take to arrive,

We currently have 10 cars awaiting arrival all were suppose to be here early late January early feb to be registered in feb, seems like they may get delivered in march and customers will want them on march plates, Suzuki are pushing all dealers for feb reg for targets so will be some interesting conversations to be had soon.

all we get is the car is in zeebrugger..... on its on a ship on its way.... its useless I can order a £1 dvd and know exactly where it is, buy our £20k cars... well mr customer truth is we don't really know when it will come.

No wonder our customers are hacked off I would be.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 13:52 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
12 Feb 2019 14:00 #203051 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote:
We currently have 10 cars awaiting arrival all were suppose to be here early late January early feb to be registered in feb, seems like they may get delivered in march and customers will want them on march plates, Suzuki are pushing all dealers for feb reg for targets so will be some interesting conversations to be had soon.

If my dealer registers the car in February then as you say there will definitely be an 'interesting' conversation taking place...

More
12 Feb 2019 14:02 #203052 by No Stock Available
Check your order form, we make sure all our customers have agreed to a Feb reg because that's the deal we offered them, but to be fair if their car comes in march of course we will change it too march but Suzuki will try to make dealers put it into feb because march well may as well not exist really not enough cars will be available so they are not fussed about it as much.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2019 17:27 #203056 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: To be fair to some of the dealers we are not in control of these deliveries we are getting annoyed off now with how long they take to arrive,

all we get is the car is in zeebrugger..... on its on a ship on its way.... its useless I can order a £1 dvd and know exactly where it is, buy our £20k cars... well mr customer truth is we don't really know when it will come.

No wonder our customers are hacked off I would be.

I feel for you as a dealer having after about five days getting a return call from Suzuki Customer Services and the irony is a probably have a greater understanding where a vehicle is than they do. Why I find it amusing is it is not as if they are factory orders ether

It had got to the point having wanted this for my business that the businessman in me is saying don't put the private plate and flip it so I do not have to deal with the dealer network for servicing. I am sure I will change my mind when it gets here and I am sure people may criticise me for that but its a thought that is crossing my mind.

I've informed mine that I do not want hots of it over social media etc now for their publicity purposes either. I just want to pay for it, pick it up and get out of dodge. If they actually had a bit about them to apologise with a small gesture of goodwill I am sure things would be a little more harmonious.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2019 11:20 #203258 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list
Just had a call from my dealer, can pick my 19 plate and car is due to be delivered from Grimsby early next week. I should be good for 1st March. Anyone patientally waiting for March delivery give your dealers a buzz, they’re starting to make their way from Grimsby.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2019 07:53 #203309 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Had contact from my dealer this week saying 3 weeks but no firm delivery date. We are about to step into the registration process too. So I take that as a positive.

More
16 Feb 2019 09:44 #203313 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list
I wonder if the shortage of Jimnys suits Suzuki? They must have been aware of the upcoming stricter EU 2020 CO2 emission regulations and that the Jimnys 1500cc engine sits outside them . They probably thought that after the the hype of the initial unveiling they would continue with the small production of 1800 units a year in the UK which will assist them to not exceed the overall company CO2 emissions target? I would assume that if they can keep the company CO2 emissions within the targets they won't have to replace or re-engineer the engine? Just my thoughts and ramblings...

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds