BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Running permanently in 4WDH

• larnach
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2018 13:54 #197173 by larnach
Running permanently in 4WDH was created by larnach
hi again
2007 VVT electronic shift transfer box
shift actuator finally crapped itself, I used to tap it with a rubber hammer and the system would go in and out ok but after a couple of months stopped that trick and green light flashing all the time , I dropped the transfer box ( had previously purchased a second hand box complete with actuator )
The removed actuator motor was crappy inside ( had to cut the 3 phils screw heads so one way trip there as melted the plastic body the screws go into.)
Rust and much stickiness of the motor windings in the cup.
Anyway, I installed the new box, connected up wiring and props, started the car, no green light flashing on dash:) , ( box was in 2WD) car was all jacked up off the ground. pushed to engage the 4WDH,, actuator only moved a little according to my ear and not the full cycle the original used too, green light now flashes all the time 1 second intervals and the front prop is being driven ( no actuation of the hubs through the vac. system.
no amount of button pushing changes the situation so don't know if its the new box or a carry over from the initial set up
most of all this is bloody frustrating..
SO
The option I am considering is to leave it running through the transfer box in 4WDH ( yes accept millage change) and fit manual hubs.
I would pull the connectors to the controler unit which gets rid of all 4x4 lights on the dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
has anybody got any comments on this strategy?????????????????????????????????????.
By the way, I only use it to go round fields and up tracks when out shooting and need 4x4 but need to do 15 miles public black top roads to get there so manual hubs fix. Evan although the vacuum system is currently working.
OH and the wife prefers the Jinny to run it round the villages rather than her arbath but that can be remedied

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2018 17:19 #197179 by jackonlyjack
If you never need low ratio it would work with manual hubs fitted
just remember to un lock your hubs
your fuel consumption will increase slightly

• larnach
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2018 17:44 #197181 by larnach
Replied by larnach on topic Running permanently in 4WDH
appreciate your response jack
yes on the hubs and should not need low box, keep the foot down !!!
however this will be after I run the 3v test on the actuator to try and identify if it is actually the issue, £368 for a new one would be my first choice even although locking hubs are half the price

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds