BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?

• lesik
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2019 14:03 #207871 by lesik
Replied by lesik on topic Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?
So,anyone can tell me if I can use 215x75x15 tyres with 6.5 inch wheel with offset -20 on stock Jimny 2019 (without any lift)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2019 18:05 #211430 by GeordieJimny
Replied by GeordieJimny on topic Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?
Apologies for reviving an old thread.

Just had a set of Toyo Open Country A/T Plus 215/75R15 dispatched so if anyone wants to see them on the Jimny or w/e let me know. While my heart wanted to go with BF Goodrich my head had to consider our daily driving needs. It's still a bit daft considering there's nothing wrong with the stock tires for what we need but I can't help but like the look of bigger boolers ;)

More
24 Jul 2019 14:58 #211445 by saxj

saxj wrote: Biggest you can fit without any rubbing or trimming is 215/80R15s. 235/75R15s rub.

I just fitted Generel Grabber X3 M/Ts in 235/75R15. They rub. I had to do some trimming of the front bumper.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2019 19:15 #211448 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?

GeordieJimny wrote: Apologies for reviving an old thread.

Just had a set of Toyo Open Country A/T Plus 215/75R15 dispatched so if anyone wants to see them on the Jimny or w/e let me know. While my heart wanted to go with BF Goodrich my head had to consider our daily driving needs. It's still a bit daft considering there's nothing wrong with the stock tires for what we need but I can't help but like the look of bigger boolers ;)

You made a great choice, they are an excellent balance.

Love mine.

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2019 15:00 #211461 by GeordieJimny
Cool glad to hear that! Took some time to decide :)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2019 20:30 #211472 by Andy2640

GeordieJimny wrote: Cool glad to hear that! Took some time to decide :)

Took me ages tòo.

Can we see a piccy then?

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2019 13:39 #211534 by GeordieJimny

Really please with them! Not expecting the (chavvy?) white letter paint to stay on long :laugh:
Attachments:

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2019 16:05 #211537 by Andy2640

GeordieJimny wrote:

Really please with them! Not expecting the (chavvy?) white letter paint to stay on long :laugh:

Wow! What a difference!

I actually really like the white branding. Doesnt work with every colour car, but on black cars it always looks boss.

Very nice indeed. How much did it cost ya all in, tyres, fitting, balancing etc etc?

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2019 16:24 #211539 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?

GeordieJimny wrote: Not expecting the (chavvy?) white letter paint to stay on long

Nothing chavvy about white lettering... :whistle:

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2019 16:28 #211540 by GeordieJimny
£333 fitted. Yeah very happy I went for the more sensible option to suit our driving needs.

£293 for 5 tires delivered from demon tweaks.
£40 fitting.

Saved a few hundred on BFGOODRICH prices so that paid for an awning, just waiting on a new rack to fit it.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2019 17:22 #211541 by Andy2640
Demon tweeks have always had excellent prices on tyres. Unfortunatly for me, they had no stock of the toyo's in when i wanted em. I paid a fair bit more for my set i reckon.

A cracking deal for 5 quality tyres that is though.

Wearing the toyo's, the jim seemed much more planted and stable. No noise increase from what could tell either. If i remember correctly .... MPG went from around 41 to 38 once fitted. Then once my tools, essentials and other kit was put in the back, it took it to where it is today ...... at around 35.9 mpg.

Out of a wide selection of AT tyres, including BF's, geolanders, general grabbers, coopers, dynamo pro's etc, the toyo's came in as the lightest of the bunch if i remember correctly. We had an endless discussion on this forum about AT tyres, with forum member "Guy" doing some deep digging, finding out weights an all sorts. Certainly made choosing them easier. Anyways..... Some AT users reported significant blunting of performance and BIG dents in mpg on some other tyres. Geolanders and BF's were amonst them i believe.

Ive never regretted upgrading to the toyo's, an excellent balance on all fronts, and they look good aswell. If youve looked closely at the tread pattern, you can clearly see how theyve managed to make a good all rounder.

Anyways, they are a great tyre.Highly recommended.

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2019 20:00 #211553 by GeordieJimny
That’s good to hear! Yeah I read a lot on the forum and elsewhere but as always here’s conflicting info. Bit like iOS v Android (except more names in the game) there’s big fans of each with 100% backing of one over the other. Makes it hard to pick when clueless like me :)

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds