BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wheels..

• GRAYWOLF
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2018 13:31 #196974 by GRAYWOLF
Wheels.. was created by GRAYWOLF
Hi, does anyone know if the alloys from a suzuki vitara fat boy..8jx15 i think...would fit a jimny?
Cheers people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Oct 2018 13:48 #196975 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Wheels..
The pcd is correct but they will be quite wide. Make sure they're 8j as some were 10j.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Oct 2018 13:53 - 23 Oct 2018 13:54 #196976 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Wheels..
Mine are 8.5 and ET35:

they poke out about two inches or so from original arches.

These came to Norway on a Vitara Fat/wide from Germany mid nineties sometime.
Totally not possible to drive with these tires.
If i had removed the jack or had air in them they would sit in the fenders with 325/60-15 tires.

used them on my 4 inch lifted and wheel well gutted SJ.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 13:54 by yakuza.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2018 14:58 #196978 by GRAYWOLF
Replied by GRAYWOLF on topic Wheels..
Hi Lambert..not too fussed about being wider, as i would extend arches, 10 would be better..lol..
I am going for a suzuki 'wide' look..
As i have a 2inch suspension lift already, clearance wouldnt be a problem..not thinking of aggressive tyres, more like what i currently run but wider..
Many thanks.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2018 15:00 #196979 by GRAYWOLF
Thanks for pics, and info, i am looking to get a wide look, as the suzuki Jimny wide..so, either 8j or 10j would be ideal..i thought pcd was same, just wondered if anyone had fitted these..i already have a 2inch suspension lift..not thinking of bopdylift..but anythings possible..

More
23 Oct 2018 15:14 #196980 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Wheels..
with the wheel so far out in the arch you will most likely get some interference on full steer either way. Easiest way to cope with it is to cut out of the arches. Lifting will help as well but with this much offset on the wheel cutting is the best in my opinion. It will eat king pins and wheel bearings for breakfast. And enhance any trace of wobble you have from not noticeable to complete death.
But it will look fantastic :)

Very seldom to find someone who wants wider in here. As you see from my wheels i like wide. I like to float when offroad.

You can make a cardboard dummy of your tire profile from dimensions from a wheel calculator. I did this on my SJ when I cut 3 inches out of the wheel arch. Moved the bottom outer corner of the firewall back one inch. moved the front bumper forward 2 inches.. and had 4 inches of lift as well. Doing more or less the same to my next SJ.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2018 16:16 #196981 by GRAYWOLF
Thanks for the info, much appreciated, gotta agree, not many on here do wide, but i like your thinking..looks wicked, and i do like wide. yours is a beauty, saw a coupla pics of one or two in iceland somewhere i think..outstanding.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
23 Oct 2018 17:24 #196983 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Wheels..
The offset is the important thing here.

For example; I have 15x8 ET0 steelies and the rear fit ok but the front required a small spacer (maybe 5mm) to stop the wheel and wheel weights catching on the steering arms. 30mm spacers was the smallest i could find so they are on, but make for horrendous wheel bearing and kingpin bearing wear rate (need doing at least once a year if not more, and i do less than 5000 miles/year in it). Doesnt stop the smile tho.

so 15x10 ET0 would be a problem without some offset (spacers) perhaps. I dont know what the offset of the old vitara wheels was, but im sure someone here will :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• GRAYWOLF
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2018 10:37 #197036 by GRAYWOLF
Test

• GRAYWOLF
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2018 10:38 #197037 by GRAYWOLF
Hi Riccy, i already have 2inch lift, and 30mm spacers, so will need to see, and of course, get agreement from the management..for peace sake.!

More
26 Oct 2018 17:30 #197090 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Wheels..

yakuza wrote: Very seldom to find someone who wants wider in here. .

Meeeeeeeee B) :laugh: :blink: :woohoo: :whistle:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
26 Oct 2018 20:16 #197093 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic Wheels..
I like wide.

It's been fettled just a tad.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds