BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Shocks

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2018 13:05 - 13 Sep 2018 13:27 #195973 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Shocks
Hm, thanks Rus, I know you don't defend your stuff a lot on here but it is appreciated when you do. I'll be honest I have been put off somewhat by TM, as a company they just seem so elusive, which the only real point of contact being their resellers (in our case Martin, who does do a great job).

At least with procomp you know what you are getting as they are an absolutely immensely sized company, and made in the US (and I think Columbia for some products). With, maybe not the most optimal designed product for the Jimny, but a reliable shock nonetheless.

I would say the same about OME, albeit the price premium buys a more complete design package.

Whilst TM has most definitely proven its reputation on here, it is difficult to see objectivity. People who have bought TM say TM is excellent, as do people with procomp, as do people with rough countries.

My only question would be about the Jimnybits springs, it is my understanding that they have fairly different specification to the TM ones, with TM speccing a shorter, thicker spring & Jimnybits thinner and longer. I just wonder why this design choice was made, as the longer spring is inherently more prone to sag over time. Is there an advantage in driving dynamic to this design?

Edit: any chance of another bank holiday sale? Autumn Bank Holidays coming up next week. :)
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 13:27 by Caelite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2018 15:28 #195977 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Shocks
Lots of people that buy Pro Comp say they are crap. Too stiff, rub on the springs etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds