BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Droop limit straps

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Oct 2018 06:08 #196865 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Droop limit straps
Ok so I had an idea inspired by the testing manual. It considers that a spring that doesn't reseat correctly after jacking and lowering the vehicle again is dangerous. To that end I have made some little half round clips that locate the axle end of the spring into the notches on the perch and are secured into the centre bell. It leaves the top unfastened but retained by the bump stops or rear cones which is fine as the top coils of the spring are flat. So now if I could somehow unload a spring enough it is going to reseat correctly.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 06:15 #196866 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Droop limit straps
Why not buy shocks that are the correct length?

Somewhere like Gaz Shocks can help.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Oct 2018 06:26 - 19 Oct 2018 06:29 #196867 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Droop limit straps
Quite simply budget. I had all on to get the trailmaster ones sanctioned, another custom set in less than a year will never sell!

Apparently there's something about us being a sheep farm and not a racing team? I get confused.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 19 Oct 2018 06:29 by Lambert.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds