BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Car beeping when i turn right ?????

• Phattaff
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2018 16:39 #194696 by Phattaff
Car beeping when i turn right ????? was created by Phattaff
Hi All

Not had the Jimny long and yes it's a great car, not sure why but the car has started beeping when i turn right. Anyone out there know what the problem might be?????.

All the best

Phattaff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2018 16:44 #194697 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Car beeping when i turn right ?????
Hi, is the car fitted with a towbar and electrics ? If so could be a wiring fault activating the beeper for the towing indicators. I would check the towing socket fist for corrosion/water ingress

• Phattaff
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2018 17:31 - 29 Jul 2018 17:31 #194699 by Phattaff
Replied by Phattaff on topic Car beeping when i turn right ?????
Cheers for the reply Wombat, No tow bar fitted that's why i'm puzzled, also it's only just started to do it today and doesn't do it when i indicate left????
Last edit: 29 Jul 2018 17:31 by Phattaff.

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2018 19:03 #194701 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Car beeping when i turn right ?????
Has it ever had a towbar fitted,if so has the wiring just been cut off, there are different wires for each side indicator. Where is the beeping noise coming from ?

• Phattaff
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2018 19:25 #194703 by Phattaff
Replied by Phattaff on topic Car beeping when i turn right ?????
Wombat
Not sure if it has had a towbar fitted (where would i need to look to find out) the beeping seems to be coming from right side below steering wheel

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Jul 2018 03:58 #194706 by Lambert
Sounds like a ground fault in the indicator switch that's setting off the headlights warning buzzer.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jul 2018 06:45 #194710 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Re:Car beeping when i turn right ?????
. Could be a faulty indicator unit, just listened to mine and the unit clicks when the indicators are on in the location you described

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jul 2018 08:09 #194711 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:Car beeping when i turn right ?????
Could it be the barrel? It beeps when you leave your keys in the ignition and open the door

More
30 Jul 2018 08:13 #194712 by facade
My Renault Nee-San stated doing that, drove me mad until I asked in the forums, and someone said "Put your bag on the floor" :)
Turned out it was the seatbelt beeper for the passenger seat, my work things weren't heavy enough to set it off, except when going round corners....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Phattaff
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jul 2018 12:18 #194719 by Phattaff
Replied by Phattaff on topic Re:Car beeping when i turn right ?????
Hi All

Thanks for all the ideas on what it might be, i'm going to see if i can find out if it's had a tow bar fitted at some stage as i feel this could be the issue , just gone out and checked it again and it's still there but has gotten quieter and previous to what i said before the beeping seems to be coming from the rear, it can also be heard from outside the car. Anyway what's the point in having a car if you can't tinker with it :) :) :)

All the best

Phattaff

More
30 Jul 2018 17:44 #194721 by facade

Phattaff wrote: the beeping seems to be coming from the rear

Then that is going to be one of those beepers that you fit when you fit a towbar, to tell you the trailer indicator is flashing. The connections are usually made behind the rear side panels, they are easy enough to take out with a trim tool. Have a search on here, I know there are photographs of taking the rear side panel trim out.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
30 Jul 2018 23:12 #194725 by helijohn

facade wrote:

Phattaff wrote: the beeping seems to be coming from the rear

Then that is going to be one of those beepers that you fit when you fit a towbar,

I wonder why it doesn't do it on left turns?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds