BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New project and questions

• StergiosJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2018 17:25 #194614 by StergiosJimny
New project and questions was created by StergiosJimny
Hi from Greece and excuse my bad English. I have a 2007 vvt jimny that only has 205/70r15 a/t tyres. These days I am gonna lift the vehicle with shocks and springs about +6cm (2.36 inches). I will make the front panhard rod adjustable and get longer brake lines. Do i need to get castor correction bushes for that lift?
Can i put on the old style bumper in a vvt model? I dont want to cut it at this stage but i can find one used old bumper.
The tyre size that i want is 215/75r15 (kumho kl71 or bf goodrich or yokohama geolandar) and the wheels are 15x7 steel. And the question is how much negative offset do i need. Will the -30 touch the bumper or it will fit. Maybe -20 is better?I dont want to put wheel spacers. Do you have any photos of this set up?

Best regards, Stergios

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Jul 2018 18:06 #194617 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic New project and questions
Hi Stergios,

For 2" lift you dont NEED castor correction, but you might find the steering doesnt self centre properly without them. Try it and see what you think without first.

Yes you can fit an old shape bumper with no problems.

negative offset should ideally be 0, but -15 or -20 should fit. You do not need negative offset for 215/75r15. They fit fine on a standard jimny.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• StergiosJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2018 18:35 #194618 by StergiosJimny
Replied by StergiosJimny on topic New project and questions
Thank you Riccy for your quick response. I have read some posts in other forums about jimnys and -30 offset wheels. How many inches (or mm) will the jimny be widened on each side with -20??

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Jul 2018 19:01 #194619 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic New project and questions
the -20 -30 etc is millimetres (mm), -20 each side would mean a 40mm overall wider track.

You can fit the -30 offset but will find rubbing on wheel arch and bumper, trim the plastics a bit and its fine.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds