BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny winch plate

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2018 05:16 #194488 by Garuuu
Jimny winch plate was created by Garuuu
Hey guys im lookin to get ong of those winch plates that go in the original bumper but would anyone know if they fit on the second gen front bumper as all the pics i see are of the first gen.if not would the first gen bumper bolt straight on to the second gen body?
I might just get a first gen bumper as i would like to chop off the bottom of the bumper to get more clearance but on the second gen the fog lights are at the bottom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2018 05:58 #194489 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Jimny winch plate
The listing says -

Please note does not fit Diesel models and models 2014 onwards

So the inference is it will fit models up to then?
Attachments:

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2018 06:03 #194490 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Jimny winch plate

Garuuu wrote: Hey guys im lookin to get ong of those winch plates that go in the original bumper but would anyone know if they fit on the second gen front bumper as all the pics i see are of the first gen.if not would the first gen bumper bolt straight on to the second gen body?
I might just get a first gen bumper as i would like to chop off the bottom of the bumper to get more clearance but on the second gen the fog lights are at the bottom.

This is mine, with Jimnybits mount. But i did modify it.
I moved the winch as far in as i could (approx 3cm) and drilled new holes for it on the mount plate.
Then i cut out a 2-3cm piece of the main plate just in front of the winch, and welded the front winchlead plate closer to the winch.
This way i just barely could get the entire setup within the bumper exterior, which was important to me for MOT reasons.

I only use a glider fairlead, not rollers. Havent got any new pictures with that on though, need to take new photos soon :)

Attachments:

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2018 11:18 #194501 by Garuuu
Replied by Garuuu on topic Jimny winch plate
I was looking at the jimny bits one too and would like the winch to show a little bit, but i havent thought abt it being an issue for MOT. At least i now know it can be modified to move the winch further in, thanks :)

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2018 11:19 #194502 by Garuuu
I still want to know if the old style bumper will fit tho so if anyone knows plz let me know :)

More
20 Jul 2018 19:47 #194515 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic Jimny winch plate
Anything can be made to fit with a big enough hammer and some determination :whistle:

It's been fettled just a tad.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Jul 2018 06:34 #194519 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Jimny winch plate

Garuuu wrote: I still want to know if the old style bumper will fit tho so if anyone knows plz let me know :)

Straighforward swap. Mounts are all the same for it, but the 2nd gen bumper has some really low mounts that might not be on a 1st gen car

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2018 08:41 #194521 by Garuuu
Ok thanks for the info guys :D

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds