BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Introspective thoughts

• Stumpjumper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2018 10:05 #194043 by Stumpjumper
Introspective thoughts was created by Stumpjumper
While waiting impatiently for the next England game to test my nerve/humility....and as an avid admirer of the technical challenges overcome by members of this forum....I have begun to challenge the validity of my ownership of this unique vehicle. At what point can I claim to be a bona fide forum member if greenlaning is restricted to flat summer fields...spanner wielding restricted to annual servicing....and body reconstruction peaks at post winter hammeriteing. I feel inadequate and need guidance.......and does anyone else find their fingers too fat to type these posts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2018 12:41 #194047 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Introspective thoughts
Wow! Don't take this the wrong way but rather as a sincere answer. I almost feel like I am responding to a suicide note. Very simply, if you enjoy the driving that you do in the Jimny, you have the correct car. If you like knowing you have the capabilities that you might need in a less than perfect situation, you have the correct car. If you gain things from this forum that are helpful, you have the correct car. If you are willing to share your experiences, you have the correct car.

None of us drive the same with our Jimny. When I started going off-road in the 1970's, I was a little wild. I'm relatively conservative now but extremely happy with this little vehicle. I drive it the way I enjoy. I would only say that you don't have the correct vehicle if you no longer enjoy it.

Bob

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Lambert

More
06 Jul 2018 12:42 #194048 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Introspective thoughts
And yes; my fingers are too fat

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
06 Jul 2018 13:04 #194049 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Introspective thoughts
Nicely put zukebob ;) I was going to post very similar sentiments, but you beat me to it, especially with my fat fingers ;)

I’ve always enjoyed the Suzuki 4x4 community for the past 25 years for that very reason,that we all enjoy, love, modify and use our vehicles for a myriad of reasons... :)

Enjoy the footie! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: zukebob

• Stumpjumper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2018 13:05 #194050 by Stumpjumper
Replied by Stumpjumper on topic Introspective thoughts
I was of course, bringing a satirical slant to the topic but find your concern refreshing....my single finger typing causes me concern however.......

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Jul 2018 15:13 #194053 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Introspective thoughts
You at least go green laning in yours using it for it's intended purpose, imagine what I go through using mine as a circuit car! My self doubts about my chosen path are almost physically crippling at times!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Stumpjumper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2018 19:35 #194062 by Stumpjumper
Replied by Stumpjumper on topic Introspective thoughts
You've restored my diminishing self esteem Lambert, I'm now considering searching for a conversion kit for my '05 headlights to make the Jim look like the '19 model :dry:

More
07 Jul 2018 19:29 #194100 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Introspective thoughts
I suppose my usual response to non 4x4 drivers of "you can go faster than me but I can go where you can't " tends to sum up my approach. I would never put my Jimny/Junior princess through muck and bullets unless it was unavoidable but other daily obstacles are what it is for in my case; I just wish they would make it 3" taller!

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds