BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

OCD - MOT and some other initials

More
13 Jun 2018 22:07 #193420 by sniper
The jimny passed it's mot with an advisory for a front bearing and a 2cm patch of rust on the cill. Not bad for 65k.

I fretted about the result like an expectant father, I haven't felt daft about a car for years but it would appear that this little 4x4 has got me.

I reasoned that the car had done well, only needing 2-3hrs at the garage and some parts that I have. I got a full JB kingpin kit for £50, so the total should be under £200, not bad for a years motoring...... I reasoned....

I forgot that it has had a clutch, disks and pads, springs, spring seats, dampers, tyres, wiper blades (I mention those because they were Bosch, only ever put them on a keeper),steering damper, a full service, in fact £1500 in parts and £500 in labour over the last six months.

My 3k jimny now stands me at 5k.

I know this is nonsense but do I stop and chastise myself, no I consider how much I've got tucked away towards the ATB diff and look forward to that in a few weeks. Another £1000 by the time it's in and the axle rebuilt.

I will then have a 3k car with 6k invested in it.........

Got to be some sort of compulsive disorder, I would say Compulsive Jimny Disorder but the wife has laid claim to that one (CJD..mad cow...).

Help......

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Jun 2018 03:22 #193423 by Lambert
If things weren't as up in the air with myself I would be just as bad or probably worse, they are such addictive little cars!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Jun 2018 18:43 #193460 by helijohn

sniper wrote: Got to be some sort of compulsive disorder, I would say Compulsive Jimny Disorder but the wife has laid claim to that one (CJD..mad cow...).

sniper

Can't really help. With some motors you reach a stick or twixt stage. A point where if you sell or trade you don't realise the amount sunk in to it. I got to this stage with my Junior which now owes me £2K of which just over a grand is on "extras" and so on. I would sell it if I got 75% of what it owes me otherwise it is worth more to me in what it is than small money.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds