BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny body and trim clips

More
20 Apr 2018 06:44 #191925 by Bosanek
As I've temporarily got two Jimnys now, I want to exchange all the plastic body moldings (claddings) from one to another, to make a nice color mix.

However, the damn clips are breaking like old men's bones the moment I pull a bit harder on the moldings.

Does anyone know where to get compatible good quality body and trim clips for Jimnys online? If I am correct, Jimnys use 3 or 4 clip types for all "clipped" connections in the vehicle.

I asked my local Suzuki dealer, and apart from the relatively high price (approx. 2.5 EUR per clip), delivery time is 21 days ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2018 06:55 - 20 Apr 2018 07:01 #191928 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Jimny body and trim clips
Ebay under suzuki body clips then start scrolling there is also a pack on there with mixed fixing's
Last edit: 20 Apr 2018 07:01 by Daniel30.

• minitehnicus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2018 09:03 #191938 by minitehnicus
Replied by minitehnicus on topic Jimny body and trim clips
Take a look at www.jimny4x4.ro/store/lumini-si-caroserie.html?page=all

Shipping from Romania to Bosnia is not expensive.

More
20 Apr 2018 09:18 #191940 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic Jimny body and trim clips
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThese things??

It's been fettled just a tad.

More
20 Apr 2018 11:04 #191942 by jackonlyjack
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Jezz wrote: These things??

These are perfect i have them on mine ;)

More
25 Apr 2018 09:33 - 25 Apr 2018 09:36 #192141 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Jimny body and trim clips
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThank you all very much for your suggestions.

I browsed through the Romanian shop and found some interesting accessories to consider for later on.

Those red "Toyota" clips on Ebay indeed visually match the Suzuki clips under p.n. 09409-09304, and I bought them in confidence, especially after being reassured by jackonlyjack.
By the way, these clips are used to hold the front and rear wheel arch mouldings, as well as the sill mouldings below the side doors. And they can be bitchin' hard to remove (very strong), so either they or their carriers inside the mouldings break during disassembly!

I found some other matching clip types on Ebay too (I will write a new wiki article about those later on).

However, there are two clip types which I have not been able to find yet, and I really need them.

Clip type 1: 09409-08328

These clips are used to hold the side door plastic moldings attached to the side doors. Each door has 13 of them.
Those genuine Suzuki clips are sold in the mentioned Romanian shop: www.jimny4x4.ro/store/lumini-si-caroseri...mny-09409-08328.html
However I need a bunch of them (at least 10), so paying 1,6 EUR per piece + postage is not really desirable (although that is an "OK" price compared to Suzuki dealers). I would first like to try to find replacements on Ebay or so.

Clip type 2: 09409-06323

These clips are used to hold the five rectangular black bonnet grilles in pre-2013 Jimnys attached to the bonnet. Each grille uses 2 clips.
I have not been able to find these clips anywhere, not even in the Romanian shop.
I need 10 of these and each one costs 2,5 EUR at the dealer ....

I have search far and wide on Ebay, but could not find anything even similar looking except only these:

However, the seller states that their equivalent part number is 09409-10309, which is not used in Jimny but in some other Suzuki models ...

Can anyone please help me find these two clip types on Ebay or somewhere?
Last edit: 25 Apr 2018 09:36 by Bosanek. Reason: Additional note

• minitehnicus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2018 11:23 - 25 Apr 2018 12:41 #192145 by minitehnicus
Replied by minitehnicus on topic Jimny body and trim clips
The part number of the front garnish clip is 09409-06323 and the price is around 1.5 Euro.

www.jimny4x4.ro/store/lumini-si-caroseri...mny-09409-06323.html

I can delivery ANY Jimny genuine parts on demand, even the products that are not on the online store.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2018 12:41 by minitehnicus.

More
25 Apr 2018 19:55 #192177 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Jimny body and trim clips
Thank you for the information. I see that you added that clip to your offering today.

I have found exact dimensional specifications of the bonnet grille clip here:
www.monotaro.sg/p/33021633/

And here is the picture of the side door moulding clip here:
www.monotaro.sg/p/19519456/

Both types are still "to be found" on Ebay.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds