BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

springs openion

More
28 Mar 2018 12:12 #190966 by safari
springs openion was created by safari
i have been looking around for a new set of springs for my jimny i have the procomp 3" not very impressed after 2 years flattened and now also leaning on a side , considering i use my car 4 to 5 times a year just offroad and already gone
i have came across the PROGRESSIVE SPRINGS has anyone tried them on jimny they seem quite good and extendable so more articulation.
my jimny is still petrol but have steel bumpers and full rollcage so have gained some weight what do you suggest

if u worry u die if u dont worry u still die so why worry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2018 12:46 #190967 by safari
Replied by safari on topic springs openion
like these on the right

if u worry u die if u dont worry u still die so why worry
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2018 00:05 #191007 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic springs openion
TomDK has used the Zanfi progressive springs. I'm sure he will be along and give an opinion.

I have OME with the front being for the diesel Jimny. I also have steel bumpers but have found the diesel springs to be a little too stiff. I will likely change to the petrol springs designed for use with a bullbar. The Trailmaster that Martin sells would definitely be on my short list of choices. Just for reference, this is a table I created a while back for comparison. Martin has also inserted it into one of the wiki articles.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
30 Mar 2018 05:52 #191034 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic springs openion
I bought those Zanfi springs from Tom and am using them now. Tom went back to the trailmaster springs he had before i think.

I Changed to +3" Zanfi diesel springs all round and AVO adjustable dampers from a trailmaster +2" comfort kit. The springs work well, nice even articulation and comfy ride, no funny noises or wobbling. Pretty similar to the +2" trailmaster for comfort but better as i can set the dampers where i want now. How they will last is an unknown, but i would expect better of them as they are so much more expensive than the procomp stuff.

Extra weight wise i am carrying a fair bit more than a standard jimny, so the diesel springs work well for me.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds