BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fitting avm manual hubs

• Filip
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2018 17:21 #190632 by Filip
Fitting avm manual hubs was created by Filip
hello everybody,
A good friend of mine ask me to try to search some info about fitting AVM manual free wheel hubs.
He has a 2017 S. Jimny. Few weeks ago he fitt AVM F.W.H. And 4x4 light start to flash. After reading of a thread about flashing of this light IFound that there is probably leakage of the vacuum through the manual hubs
. Thats why the light is flashing, isn't it?
Could the fittment of theese manual hubs make some problems in future?
Is possible to stop flashing the 4x4 control light? For example block the tubes near hubs? Of switch off the sensor or so?
And the biggest question is:
When he drive with locked hubs on 2wd, so the whole front is rotating threw the locked hubs, could this lead to some damage in transfer case which should be normaly without movement during 2wd?
The reason why he wanted to fitt manual hubs was, when he tow a trailer especialy on reverse on non slippery surface to the corner up the hill, he wantet to drive with ruduction and save the difs. He uses the trailer very often and he has to reverse it back to home as I wrote above.
Is there anybody, who can help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Filip
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2018 17:24 #190633 by Filip
Replied by Filip on topic Fitting avm manual hubs
Sorry for my english.
I hope everything is understandable...
Thanks Filip

More
21 Mar 2018 00:51 - 21 Mar 2018 00:57 #190660 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Fitting avm manual hubs
I understood you perfectly....then again my English isn't very good either. I'm an American.

Bosanek set up a very good guide in the wiki here:

Hub Conversion

Following his flow chart in the article your friend has done solution 1b. He needs to add either solution 2a or 2b. If you choose 2b, you will likely go to a final step with solution 3a. If you do this, Helijohn had a very good and simple (best of both worlds) version of the solution in his post here:

Stop the Flashing Light

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 00:57 by zukebob.

• Filip
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2018 18:39 #190689 by Filip
Replied by Filip on topic Fitting avm manual hubs
Thank you very much!!!
It is unbeleveable comprehensive information, WOW!
All our questions are answered.
thanks again!

Greatings from Prague to America.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds