BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bad condensation on inside of windows in cold weather.

More
31 Dec 2017 13:34 #187931 by kirkynut
Hold your breath!

Seriously though, think how small the Jimny is inside and how much glass it has. It stands to reason it will steam up. Lack of use doesn't help as said above.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2018 11:38 #187964 by yakuza
1. Wind deflectors and a small gap in the windows helps!
2. Plastic container with silica gel crystals (?) (moisture collector refill bag) inside car under front seats. I used a plastic container with a tight lid that i drilled 12mm holes in the top. cannot spill unless flipped upside down.
3. Newspapers under the floor mats that you regularly swap for dry ones
4. if possible put a fan oven inside the car from time to time during winter. lift mats so it gets dry underneath as well.
(beware the fire hazards)

I would like suggestions of how to get more airflow on the windsheild with the defroster fan. I think it is way too weak.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
02 Jan 2018 18:08 #187973 by helijohn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

yakuza wrote: I would like suggestions of how to get more airflow on the windsheild with the defroster fan. I think it is way too weak.

Buy a supplementary 12v window demister

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jan 2018 19:57 #187976 by Lambert
If you have air conditioning that dries the windows very quickly, mine gets as much use in winter for demist as ever it does in summer for the heat.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jan 2018 06:32 #187988 by yakuza

helijohn wrote:

yakuza wrote: I would like suggestions of how to get more airflow on the windsheild with the defroster fan. I think it is way too weak.

Buy a supplementary 12v window demister

Seriously?
Those things are totally useless. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds