BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

96-98 lift kits.

More
18 Nov 2017 18:36 #186423 by mlines
96-98 lift kits. was created by mlines
Welcome to the forum.

You will find that people on this forum tend to use the UK naming conventions although it is an International forum. This can lead to some confusion on model types.

In INTERNATIONAL terms "Jimny" refers to the whole range of mini 4x4s from the LJ series onwards.

In the UK we never used the Jimny name during the LJ and SJ (SJ410, SJ413, Samurai). It was only with the introduction of the SN series (SN413 and SN415) in 1998 that we in the UK used the Jimny name.

Therefore most people on this forum see the Jimny as being the coil sprung model from 1998 onwards.

However there was a late Samurai model that was coil spring. This is basically the SJ413 style but with the coil set-up that was used on the later 1998 onwards "Jimny".

This appears to be what you are looking at, the late 413 but probably called the Jimny in a lot of markets.

I believe the basic coil setup is the same as the 1998 plus Jimny therefore there is a good chance that the coils will fit. The people to ask who would really know would be Greeks and some other Mediterranean countries as they had a lot of these coil sprung Samurais as holiday rentals. There were very few in the UK at all.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2017 00:26 #186440 by firstblood
Replied by firstblood on topic 96-98 lift kits.
Thanks for the quick response. The ones I have been looking at are the JA22W and JA12W, landventure 5MT. They are second gen jimnys according to wiki, right before the body switch of 98. coil over, some turbo models as well.

More
19 Nov 2017 08:29 #186444 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic 96-98 lift kits.
There's nothing wrong with leaf springs and there are some very comfortable lift springs available for them these days!

Years of development was done on the leaf spring set up.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds