BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show

More
02 Mar 2018 03:12 #189817 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
The latest news (rumors) were predicting an unveiling at the 88th annual Geneva International Motor Show this month. They just started showing the premieres here:

Geneva Motor Show Premieres

If you search by Suzuki, the Jimny isn't listed. Might still be surprised.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2018 09:40 #189826 by auchenblae
I wonder if my thoughts of for the European market read "Ignis" and now add Swift, Vitara and S Cross that all can be purchased with 4WD in the UK and lots of countries do not get that option on all those cars may well be the case here.

Time will tell!

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

More
19 Apr 2018 15:02 #191896 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Here is a bit more info regarding the Gen 4 Jimny , production of the current Jimny has now ceased, only old stock is available. It will be revealed at the Tokyo motor show 2018 (Hmmm where have we heard that one before..:) ) and available in 2019

The brand has remained tight-lipped as to what will power the future SUV, but sources expect Suzuki’s turbocharged 1.0-litre Boosterjet three-pot to be offered, with the brand’s naturally aspirated 1.2-litre a potential entry-point engine. No diesel engine is expected.

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/next...year-sales-kick-2019

More
27 May 2018 07:05 #192972 by furo
Replied by furo on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
A new spy shot - I think they look awesome!

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot, grumyoldjoe, Lambert, zukebob

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2018 07:52 #192973 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Was just about to post this haha, they are awesome!

More
28 May 2018 01:07 #192988 by zukebob
This is supposed to be a Google translate of a news story on Yahoo Japan. It's long so I will break it up into two posts. I can't guarantee the accuracy but at least it has more detail than we have seen before.

Suzuki's off-road mini car "Jimny" with a unique concept is finally undergoing a full model change in July this year.

Although it is the biggest car of the year and many fans are paying attention, Suzuki does not come up with information on new models anyway.

In such circumstances, Mr. Toru Endo, a distribution journalist who circles the dealer every day to deliver "new" information on the car, gathered up-to-date information on the new Jimny (currently known). People who are aiming at purchasing, I would definitely check people who were interested.

Suzuki's new model Jimny was scheduled to implement a briefing sessions for dealers on April 26, 2018, but it was delayed. However, the schedule is scheduled to be released in July this year, as planned.

Beginning in April 2018, the regulations on safety measures have been changed, and due to the obligation of equip- ment of the sideslip prevention device, Jimny (JB 23 type) at the end of March and Jimny Sierra (JB 43 type) of small car number version with wide fender Production discontinued. Simultaneously with each dealer, only inventory sales were made, and guidance for the next type was started for prospective customers.

Jimny / Jimny Sierra The prospect of alternating generations at the same time though the new Jimny is basically a keep concept, (initially said "Sierra" will be released one year later) .
 It is a newly developed platform, but adopts a ladder frame structure as before, and tailors it to a body that is resistant to running performance in rough road.

The body size is Jimny's total length 3395 mm, full width 1475 mm, total height 1715 mm, wheel base 2250 mm and the same as the conventional model. Meanwhile, Sierra has a total length of 3600 mm, a total width of 1600 mm, a total height of 1715 mm, and a wheelbase of 2250 mm.

Compared to Jimny, the adoption of wide fender, front and rear large bumper will be bigger than usual, but since the platform is common, the wheel bases will be the same.

The body shell adopts a tall jeep- shaped layout that combines straight lines and curved surfaces . The front grill expresses traditional facial expression with the design of the vertical plated panel interlocked with the conventional body panel.

Headlamp is irregular square type 2 light type. Sierra of compact car version wears tire & aluminum wheels upsized with large wheel arch.
 Headlamp A round two-lamp type lamp is embedded in a square clear lens.

More
28 May 2018 01:09 #192989 by zukebob
Body color consists of monotone of about 8 colors and 2 tone color of about 4, and it has a common color scheme of Jimny / Jimny Sierra. According to the exterior design indoors, the dashboard is simply summarized in a horizontal keynote layout. The instruments are orthodox circular type triple meter arrangement.

Jimny is 660 cc turbo, transmission is 4 AT and 5 MT, and Sierra is a combination of 6 AT and 5 MT with 1 L turbo.
 Both drive systems are full time 4WD only. There is a possibility that a mild hybrid unit will be launched.

Safety equipment also sets standard equipped vehicles of safe packages which are adopted in the latest Spacia and Crosby, beginning to prevent sideslip .

■ Testimony 1 (Suzuki store in the metropolitan area) "Product information meeting in June"

The latest information just before the appearance of the new Jimny !! All that the countdown is finally known
The conventional type Jimny which ended production in March this year. Demand for rushing up was quite exciting
 There was a notice of invitation to hold the next-generation Jimny test-drive meeting and product briefing session at Suzuki from SUZUKI on April 26, but it was later postponed. I think that it will be held in June, but I have not received it yet. Therefore, even the salesperson of the dealer does not know the details of the product.

Since the conventional model had a strong popularity, it seems that the next model does not change so much. The ladder frame structure must also be taken over by Jimny and Jimny Sierra . The power train will be 660 cc turbo, Sierra will be 1 L turbo. Although the sales volume of the conventional model is not so much, it is steadily selling and the resale price is high, so it is positioned as an important model for the Suzuki

Recently, it is customary for Suzuki to create a pamphlet about one month before launching a new model car and to start a teaser campaign. At that point, you can see the outline of the product content, decide the price and start receiving reservations in advance.

However, in the case of Jimny this time, it has not been done yet as of late May. Since the production of the conventional model was canceled at the end of March, there is no doubt that the appearance of the next model is near, but the prospect is still "voicey". I want materials earlier.

The concept of strong running on rough road in the ladder frame structure is high in existence because Jimny is the only concept in this class. I expect to release it as soon as possible.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

More
28 May 2018 19:04 #193005 by cailean
Is the concept of a Sierra (larger) model new? I hadn't seen that before.

More
28 May 2018 19:22 #193009 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
I think the Japanese use the Sierra name to distinguish it from the Kei version (which is narrower and has a 660cc engine).

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

More
01 Jun 2018 11:13 #193120 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
The biggest probem with the new model is that just cannot have so many suzukis..
Allredy have 1.5 SJ413 and a Jimny and thinking about a second SJ (again) and then a second last gen Jimny? Where to put it? How to finance it?
When did i get so sensible (stupid) about this?
Was it when i did not buy that rusty LJ80? :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2018 12:30 #193121 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
This is my problem also, one Jimny, one Carry and one Grand Vitara! I’ve decided that when there is nothing left to save on the Jimny I’m buying a brand new one, so many years still :lol:

More
01 Jun 2018 13:20 - 01 Jun 2018 13:22 #193122 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Allegedly the new interior. Seems to take themes from the old SJ

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 01 Jun 2018 13:22 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds