BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Window wash bottle leak (maybe more interesting than it sounds)

• Antelope
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 14:03 #174324 by Antelope
My window wash bottle keeps emptying itself. It isn't the bottle, I've checked. And it's not leaking from the pumps. Neither is it leaking from the pipe to the bonnet. Which leaves the pipe that goes to the rear window. And sure enough, if I crimp that pipe off, the leak stops.
Trouble is, that pipe appears to be tied into the wiring loom! Which strikes me as extraordinary thing to do. Are there any points along that pipe that are known to develop leaks? I buggered if I'm replacing the entire loom...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2016 14:25 #174325 by jackonlyjack

More
  • Antelope
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 14:57 #174328 by Antelope
Thanks Jack. I've just taken the interior panel off the rear door and taken a look. Can see the pipe and a junction in it, but no sign of leakage anywhere. When you say rear arch, does that mean taking the rear interior panel out? The one that runs from the rear edge of the door right back to the rear door?

• Decklandpt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 15:16 #174329 by Decklandpt
I havê the same problem, but its nota exactly a leal. One of the anti return valves is dead. This means that if i fill up the reservoir and use the rear squirt, since the reservoir is preety much at the same level with the rear nozzle, it crestes a siphon effect and drains the fluid. Try to fill it up, give it a big squirt with the rear wiper, and then check to see if it keeps running. I didnt bother to fix it, i just fill it halfway and that stops it

More
06 Nov 2016 15:18 #174330 by jackonlyjack

More
06 Nov 2016 15:25 #174331 by jackonlyjack
i gave mine a modification

it goes all the way across wiper blade with around 20 holes
works fantastic ;)

Jack
Attachments:

• Antelope
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 15:42 - 06 Nov 2016 15:46 #174334 by Antelope
OK thanks Declandpt. I'll try, although the bottle is draining right to the end. Are you saying that the siphon effect only starts if you fill up, but it doesn't if you fill half way only? So a full bottle kicks off the problem and the whole bottle then drains... as opposed to the effect stopping when the bottle comes to half full... whereas half filling doesn't give the problem a chance to start?
Last edit: 06 Nov 2016 15:46 by Antelope.

• Antelope
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 15:47 #174336 by Antelope
Use up your water quickly though....

• Decklandpt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 19:27 #174349 by Decklandpt
Yeah, when it happens it drains the whole bottle.
As long as i leave the Water line below the rear nozzle level, more or less, it doesnt happen.
Also, when it does happen, next morning there will be water behind the spare, inside the rim and in the bumper.

• Antelope
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2016 20:51 #174359 by Antelope
might be a different problem. I'm not seeing any water near the nozzle...

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
07 Nov 2016 20:02 #174393 by Riccy
mine does this. i solved it by not using the rear washer at all, wiper only occasionally. i thought it was the siphon thing so tried parking it with nose downhill. made no difference :-(

i am however used to driving a van 90% of the time, hence not used to a rear window anyway :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds