BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Red Bull Livery???

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 18:01 - 17 Nov 2010 18:06 #6053 by Adamski
Red Bull Livery??? was created by Adamski
So here is my Jimny:

Am I being foolish to consider getting the Red Bull Livery on it??? A bit like this:

Does anyone have any ideas where I could get this done? and do we have any photoshop wizards on here who could maybe play around with a photo of the side of my car to see what it would look like?

Cheers,

Adam
Last edit: 17 Nov 2010 18:06 by Adamski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a18suf
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 18:10 #6054 by a18suf
Replied by a18suf on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???
why would you want to do that?

More
17 Nov 2010 18:17 #6055 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???
That would look ace!!!!!
I can Photoshop it for you but my new element10 won't be here until
Friday, sort me a photo and I'll do it for you!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adamski

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 18:27 #6056 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???

• Mick C
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 18:34 #6057 by Mick C
Replied by Mick C on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???
I do media work for RB (indirectly) and I have to look at that branding hundreds of times a week, on images of F1 cars, mountain bikers, rally cars, BASE jumpers, mx riders etc, snowboarders, VW Touareg Dakar trucks etc, etc.... it just goes on and on - but those guys have big sponsorship deals. So although it looks cool I just associate it with work :( :( :(

Now, if you had RB money behind you that would be different..... :)

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 19:08 #6059 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???

Jamie wrote: That would look ace!!!!!
I can Photoshop it for you but my new element10 won't be here until
Friday, sort me a photo and I'll do it for you!!!!

That would be great Jamie!! Would you PM me your email and I can send you a couple of photos?

Mick C wrote: I do media work for RB (indirectly) and I have to look at that branding hundreds of times a week, on images of F1 cars, mountain bikers, rally cars, BASE jumpers, mx riders etc, snowboarders, VW Touareg Dakar trucks etc, etc.... it just goes on and on - but those guys have big sponsorship deals. So although it looks cool I just associate it with work :( :( :(

Now, if you had RB money behind you that would be different..... :)

Mick, do you know what the legislation is for having Red Bull livery on your vehicle? Also are you able to get hold of the graphics?

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 19:15 #6060 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???
For my jimny, i make copy of the internet pictures, on my key USB and i go to an advertiser ( who making posters ) and it is he who lays the stickers . It's not very expensive

File Attachment:

• Mick C
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2010 19:32 #6061 by Mick C
Not sure about legislation, I shouldn't imagine it would be a big issue unless you did something to give them bad press, like driving around with RB branding and gunning down old ladies and and such like :)

As far as the art work goes I'm not sure where you could get hold of it, there are guys selling RB vinyl vehicle graphics on eBay so maybe contact them to start with. I'm sure people would be able to reproduce it from a scanned image.

I know a lot of people go for Monster branding as well but I can't get my head round branding your truck if you're not backed by the brand. Looks cool though I guess :)

More
18 Nov 2010 10:08 - 18 Nov 2010 10:10 #6073 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???

Mick C wrote: Not sure about legislation, I shouldn't imagine it would be a big issue unless you did something to give them bad press, like driving around with RB branding and gunning down old ladies and and such like :)

As far as the art work goes I'm not sure where you could get hold of it, there are guys selling RB vinyl vehicle graphics on eBay so maybe contact them to start with. I'm sure people would be able to reproduce it from a scanned image.

I know a lot of people go for Monster branding as well but I can't get my head round branding your truck if you're not backed by the brand. Looks cool though I guess :)

Dont you believe it ... a few years ago whilst doing the Le Mans run in the TVR, we were trying to think of a "British" theme... some people did their cars up with the Heinz 57 Branding, others "Branston Pickle" & "English Mustard" we thought of "Spam".

No one was willing to print me some big Vinyl Spam stickers, and when I contacted Spam customer services and marketing, I received a warning saying they would not endorse or allow me to use the Spam brand ..

All I wanted was some Stickers for the car, and the words SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM across the bonnet.

We even had made up some menu's to leave at restaurants and on cars in the car parks with the famous Python menu

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 18 Nov 2010 10:10 by ooky_123.

• Mick C
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2010 10:23 #6074 by Mick C

ooky_123 wrote:

Mick C wrote: Not sure about legislation, I shouldn't imagine it would be a big issue unless you did something to give them bad press, like driving around with RB branding and gunning down old ladies and and such like :)

Dont you believe it ... a few years ago whilst doing the Le Mans run in the TVR, we were trying to think of a "British" theme... some people did their cars up with the Heinz 57 Branding, others "Branston Pickle" & "English Mustard" we thought of "Spam".

No one was willing to print me some big Vinyl Spam stickers, and when I contacted Spam customer services and marketing, I received a warning saying they would not endorse or allow me to use the Spam brand ..

All I wanted was some Stickers for the car, and the words SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM across the bonnet.

We even had made up some menu's to leave at restaurants and on cars in the car parks with the famous Python menu

LOL ooky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , there you go, you weren't matching the brand to the event! :) Red Bull backs extrmeme sports -it's part of their brand message. Now if Adamski approached RB with a plan to double backflip his Jimny over the Tees he may get the branding for free and a couple of cases of energy drinks thrown in :silly:

More
18 Nov 2010 10:44 #6079 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Red Bull Livery???
If Adamski is planning to backflip his Jimny, Ill throw £10 in for sponsorship too :)

No, I agree, plus Ive seen those stupid Mini's with the can of RedBull on the back driving around.

I rekon it would look awesome on your truck. its the right base colour for it too

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Mick C
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2010 11:08 - 18 Nov 2010 11:16 #6080 by Mick C

ooky_123 wrote: If Adamski is planning to backflip his Jimny, Ill throw £10 in for sponsorship too :)

No, I agree, plus Ive seen those stupid Mini's with the can of RedBull on the back driving around.

I rekon it would look awesome on your truck. its the right base colour for it too

It's Adamski that's thinking of doing the branding lol, he can maybe practice the stunt at Tong, I'll chuck a fiver in. Check out Red Bull Kamaz on You Tube for a serious branded truck (i want it B) ), ignore the guy messing about on that mx bike :)

Last edit: 18 Nov 2010 11:16 by Mick C.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds