BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Just test driven my first Jimny.

• rogsmith
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2016 14:04 #164775 by rogsmith
Just test driven my first Jimny. was created by rogsmith
Hello all,

As title says its a 2002 black i believe it says special edition or similar on the car (whatever that may be) Anyway 65000 miles full Suzuki service history with years mot and two new back tyres. It seems very nice but can i ask,are the clutches generally high on these.I was told they are and this one certainly was.

It was quite amusing on the test drive i was revving the hell out of it before it moved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 14:14 - 02 Apr 2016 14:21 #164776 by gilburton
It's a manually adjusted clutch unlike modern cars.
Sounds like it needs adjusting which is quite simple to do but could be a reason to negotiate the price??
There should be a bit of free play on the pedal before you feel it on the clutch.
If it's from a dealer you could get them to do it or check.
Have you checked 4wd engages by listening for the hubs clunking in when 4wd is selected?
Get someone to engage/disengage 4wd while you listen at the front hubs.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 02 Apr 2016 14:21 by gilburton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogsmith

More
02 Apr 2016 15:41 #164777 by jackonlyjack
full Suzuki service history with years mot
doesn't mean anything imo :ohmy:
rust is the killer hope you checked all the usual places ;)

if you buy enjoy your jimny :P

Jack

More
02 Apr 2016 16:14 #164779 by gilburton
I agree that a full Suzuki service doesn't mean anything. I've had mine come back without the clutch being adjusted and all tyres at 30 psi when they should be 23 front 26 rear.
They are used to modern stuff where you don't adjust clutches and other old fashioned stuff like that ;)

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• jerry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2016 22:12 #164794 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Just test driven my first Jimny.
Never ever believe anything with ' Full dealer service history' ... I could write a book on the stuff I've found with so called history, Suzuki, Toyota , Volvo, and even Lexus ,,, had a Lexus is200 a few years back with full dealership history and a recent service just done, found a torch and a spanner in the air filter box and all the filters were clagged up , not changed for god knows how long ... I drive a brand new Mercedes truck for a living and the dealer service is laughable .... Never trust anyone is my motto ..

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds