BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Boy, Checking In

• r1ch
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2011 15:19 - 17 Jan 2011 15:39 #9866 by r1ch
Replied by r1ch on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Well, its been a while but I've been hanging around and reading the forum as I've waited for the Jimny. It finally showed up a couple of days before Christmas, not quite the middle of October as the dealer had promised :evil: . I said I'd take a few pictures.. and so have done that now that all the Christmas madness is out of the way. The plan *was* to get rid of the alloys and put it on steels; then add some 195/80's and see how it looked. To cut a long story short, (those of us that are married will understand!), this primarily being SWMBO daily drive,(at the moment), it didn't quite go like that ;) . "We" like the alloys and so they have been retained. I've therefore gone with Cooper 195/80 AT's with some spacers from Dave @ bitsforvits, (great bloke BTW). I took some pictures before and after the wheel/tyre swap from roughly the same angles and so as well as showing off the Jim, it should give an idea of how different it looks with the new setup. It's not as hardcore as many of you guys have gone by any means, but hey, it's a start! :) I think the main thing is that it looks better on the new setup than the old, I hope you agree. Really enjoying the Jim, its not quick or desperately good to chuck about, but it has character in spades and there's something very endearing about it.
Anyway, pics below, (if this works), maybe pitch up at one of the meets at somepoint shortly :)

(The left hand colum of pics are "as delivered", the right hand column are with the 195/80 Coopers and spacers fitted).

I was thinking of some 1" spring spacers - just to give it a bit of a lift and change the look a little more.. what do you guys think of that?.. will it ruin the ride?.. and/or will I get a phone call from SWMBO saying its fallen over on a corner?.. Given for the majority of time its transport for her and my 9 yr old, am I being a bit daft until such a time as I inherit it as a run about and have a free hand to do major stuff to it? ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2011 15:39 by r1ch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gazert
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2011 15:37 #9867 by gazert
Replied by gazert on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Welcome back! And now complete with a Jimny!

Looks nice in two tone!

• gussyscrotch
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2011 19:02 #9878 by gussyscrotch
Replied by gussyscrotch on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
As a fellow new boy, welcome! I've been lurking for ages but nice to put my head above the parapet.

Nice pics by the way - a beaut.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds