BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Boy, Checking In

• r1ch
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2010 17:02 - 10 Nov 2010 17:04 #5852 by r1ch
New Boy, Checking In was created by r1ch
Afternoon All,

Having registered and been lurking around these parts for the last couple of weeks I thought I had better <ahem> come out and say "Hello". I'm based in the Daventry area of Northants and am eagerly awaiting delivery of a new Jimny. It should have been with me last week TBH, but has thus far failed to make an appearance - I'm on the dealers case and hope to get a firm view of when its turning up tomorrow. Its a black over sliver SZ4 and will be a family local runabout in the pretty rural part of the world I inhabit. I'll do the honourable thing and stick up some pictures of course when it shows, but in the meantime I'm planning a couple of slight changes that I'd appreciate your thoughts on..

I'm going to be ditching the alloys and standard tyres in favour of steels and 195/80 Kumho KL's. I *think*, having had a read around, that I should be OK with the tyre size on a standard setup, but am planning on getting the wheel and tyre package from 4x4tyres.com. The steels I had in mind are these:

www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?show=wheels&mid=15&mod=50&wid=1368

My question to you guys is that in the description it says "Black modular steel wheel with -20 offset for wider track, ideal for off road use", and I'm wondering if that's going to cause me an issue with the 195/80 tyres on an otherwise standard setup?..

In the fullness of time I may well venture down the route of lifting the thing, but TBH at the moment don't want to do anything too drastic as it'll b*lls up the warranty should I have a need to invoke it.

Anyway, thanks for reading, any input on the plan would be warmly received and I promise to punt up some pictures when the new bus arrives.

Thank you :)

Rich.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2010 17:04 by r1ch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zukhunter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2010 17:16 #5853 by zukhunter
Replied by zukhunter on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
welcome
when it shows up stick the photos of before and after

• Mumbo Jimbo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2010 19:21 #5861 by Mumbo Jimbo
Replied by Mumbo Jimbo on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Welcome! Have been looking at the same wheels, look good for the price.

Will look out for the pics when you got it, black ones always look good!

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2010 19:54 #5863 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Hello and welcome B) . I have those exact wheels from the same place and there great. I have 205x75 tyres and a 3" lift so cant say whether they would fit a standard Jimny without rubbing, but the offset makes them sit perfect in the arches.

• leswilluk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2010 20:02 #5864 by leswilluk
Replied by leswilluk on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
I have the same tyres and wheels but have gone for the 205.70 if you fit them instead of alloys you will probably need new wheel nuts

More
10 Nov 2010 21:53 #5865 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
I rate the Kumho's as an all-rounder and have been using them for over a year off and on road.

It doesn't sound like you are going to do anything too extreme so I think they will be perfect for you.

I'm not sure about the fitting issue - but I suspect you will run into clearance problems as 195/80/15's are about the largest mud terrains you can fit on a standard Jimny. If you push them out by 20mm they may catch on the arches.

I'm not sure though as I've not tried the combination.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2010 18:15 - 15 Nov 2010 18:16 #5957 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
hello, those steels are out of stock until at least january, i know cos i tried to order a set today.

However! Theres a chap on ebay selling silver ones for 125 a set delivered but if you ring him he has black ones too, i managed to sqeeze a set of 5 out of him for 125 delivered :-)

I have went for 215/75/15 bf goodrich mud terrain km2.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2010 18:16 by biggaz.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2010 18:39 #5960 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Hi biggaz, who's selling the rims on ebay?

Cheers
Mick

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2010 18:50 - 15 Nov 2010 18:51 #5966 by biggaz
cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Daihatsu-Jeep-Silv...&hash=item2eb1355aaa

these ....

Like i say, ring him if you want more than four or black ones.

gaz
Last edit: 15 Nov 2010 18:51 by biggaz.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2010 19:05 #5968 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Cheers Gaz!

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2010 19:15 #5970 by biggaz
hey to save you emailing him for his number if you need it

01464 871484

• r1ch
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2010 08:21 #5984 by r1ch
Replied by r1ch on topic Re: New Boy, Checking In
Thanks for the replies chaps, very useful and given me food for thought.
Also, useful intel on the stock situation at 4x4at and the availability via the ebay fella, thanks for that also.

Still no news on the car. Was due y'day at dealer, but no show.:(

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds