BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Pyrenees Off road Trek

• Back in Black
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2015 15:36 #150844 by Back in Black
Replied by Back in Black on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Go by Jimny, you'll smile all the way as you pass the broken down Landies :) - the vids look awesome, but nothing that a jimny wouldn't do - lift, tyres, a tyre pump, a bit of protection, breathers on the axles,gear/transfer boxes and recovery points (makes it easier to pull the landies out of trouble).

I drove down through western France two up with 2 inch lift, 1 inch suspension lift and over sized ATs on - never missed a beat -

Only two problems that I had:
1) All the snow had gone :(

2) I got stuck in an underground car park, as Jimny was too tall to get out!! I got in no problem, but the exit tunnel was lower than the entrance one?!? It took ages to get the attendants to open the entrance to let me drive out (didn't have a pump with me, so couldn't let the tyres down to squeeze out). That'll teach me for staying in a hotel one night :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dickieboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2015 12:24 #156233 by dickieboy
Replied by dickieboy on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Well its been a few weeks now since my origional Post after a lot of chat with various people in the know i decided on a Grand Vitara as this would be more suitable for our every day use ( I didnt want a land Rover), finaly purchased a 2004 Turbo Diesel + intercooler from a private dealer in Peterborough nearly 120,000 on the clock but seems to run OK weve been using it daily now for 3 weeks had all the oils changed and given it a good check over underneath. Tyres were a bit tatty so opted for some new "General Grabbers" nice and quiet on the road so well pleased so far. Decided not to go for any Lift but will be fitting good quality under Body armour If I ever get it! :( sadly this is where it starts to get difficult i contacted AFN in Portugal for some Distributor details and recieved an e mail reply from the UK Distributor a few days Later asking for my Vehicle details :cheer: I replied asking for details of available Items and Prices No response :( I contacted them again on two occasions over the next 2 weeks using the Distributors webb site Still No reply :( In frustration I posted a comment on AFN/facebook and recieved a reply asking whats the problem! I replied to them i was getting nowhere with thier distributor, :) Supprise a couple of days later a e mail from the distributor with prices and details,and delivery will take 4-5 weeks, I promptly replied to the Distributor With my order for a full under body kit ( Im getting excited Now :cheer: ) and if they wanted payment up front to send me a Pro forma invoice well that was 9 days ago and Iv still heard nothing :S is my order in hand ,is it being delt with :whistle: Who knows! :angry: Watch this space for another exciting post!!

More
14 Nov 2015 13:40 #156238 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Have you tried bits4vits? Dave is on here and runs it

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• dickieboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2015 19:36 #156277 by dickieboy
Replied by dickieboy on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Hi, I did look at the web site but didn't see any under body armour listed for the Grand Vitata, maybe I missed something,I will look again,

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds