BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Pyrenees Off road Trek

• dickieboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2015 10:08 - 16 Aug 2015 14:15 #149909 by dickieboy
Pyrenees Off road Trek was created by dickieboy
Hi All, Boy am I pleased I found this Site. My wife and I are planning to partisipate in one of the off road Tours over the Pyrenees next year using a Jimny (Yet to be purchased) I just dont fancy a Land rover, we will drive down thru France so likley to do a lot of road miles, Im looking for some advice on how best to modify the Jimny, IE:Suspension, wheels, Tyres, Towing eyes, Shocks, etc, the organisers say a bit of uprating from standard is required but not a lot, bearing in mind we will be covering a lot of Tarmac Road and would like to keep some level of travel comfort what do I need to fit and where can it be purchased from, any advise would be appreciated.

YouTube: Pyrenees 4x4 overland Tours. Gives an idea of the terrain we are likley to encounter
Last edit: 16 Aug 2015 14:15 by dickieboy. Reason: More information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• the_goshawker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2015 11:09 #149910 by the_goshawker
Replied by the_goshawker on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Hi mate welcome i hope you will give us updates and pics when you go or get back that would be great im sure all off us would love to see..
The best buy will be some all terrain A/T tyres they will be a good mix off on and off roading plus give you a bit of extra hight, if you keep the standard suspension then 215/75 15's will be fine but if you go for a 2" lift you can obviously go bigger. Are you able to go into a bit more detail about what sort of offroads you will be doing as this will help with knowing IF you will need any other mods

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2015 11:31 #149918 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Welcome to the forum :) I think a little more info from the organisers would help as a little bit of modification can be taken in different ways from one person to another :woohoo:
Mods as in just tyres or suspension, underbody armour, like the_goshawk has said a little more info and I'm sure the wealth of knowledge on here will be able to sort your jimny out so it does you proud on you adventure over the pyrenees without overloading it with stuff/mods you don't need ;) look forward to seeing your progress

• dickieboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2015 14:18 #149919 by dickieboy
Replied by dickieboy on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Hi YouTube : Pyrenees 4x4 Overland Tours, give an idea of the sort of terain we will encounter dosent look to drastic to me
Cheers, Rich

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2015 19:15 #149938 by Daniel30
Just watched some of the vids looks good, a transfer box cover gaurd ,some good At Tyres depends how much you want to spend ;)

More
16 Aug 2015 20:35 #149941 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
looks like fun
personally i would consider carrying a 2nd spare wheel/tyre
if you have room ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dickieboy

More
16 Aug 2015 22:01 #149953 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
Looking at the videos, it looks like it's mostly on made up tracks in dry conditions with the odd wash out and shallow river crossings. There's nothing there that a standard Jimny on road tyres couldn't do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dickieboy

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2015 22:17 #149955 by Daniel30
Upgrade the speakers! :lol:

• dickieboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2015 09:10 #149959 by dickieboy
B) I didnt think about that, a couple of 200watt dome Tweeters that should do the trick! :woohoo:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2015 14:45 #149969 by Daniel30
That would be an improvement yes :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
27 Aug 2015 21:49 #150805 by Iain
Replied by Iain on topic Pyrenees Off road Trek
hello

ive taken my jimny to the Pyrenees twice and have thoroughly enjoyed it, who are you going with?

i went with waypoint tours both times hes really good he cooks all your food etc and as we have limited space,

all you really need is a good set of A/T tyres (not remolds) and i would buy a transferee box guard (and a tent)
as 90% of the tracks are steep and graveled but 10% are muddy or washed out with big axel twisters, but have spend 8 hours driving one lane was awsome.

any questions just ask?

I Love Waypoint Tours Holidays

• dickieboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2015 12:28 #150840 by dickieboy
Hi Lain, Thanks for the info, havent looked at Waypoint Tours site yet but will later today, did u need to do a 2in suspension lift or any other mods apart from AT Tyres and Trans Box Guard & did u find that standard Shocks are ok?. & is vehicle size a real problem, I havent purchased a Jimny yet still looking around, I keep asking myself is the Jimny going to be out classed out sized and at a real disavantage as the land rover is what most people seem to use, your input and any advice would be appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds