BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

underbody protection

• oxford_bloke
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2010 16:37 #5666 by oxford_bloke
underbody protection was created by oxford_bloke
Guys,
Was just having a browse and came across this video

and saw that is had quite a nice diff guard on it with the manufactures name on it so i searched for it and came across this website, dont know anything about them but i thought it may be useful to someone.

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2010 20:54 #5678 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: underbody protection
like the bolt on rear diff protector
anyone know who sells it in the UK?

• oxford_bloke
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2010 21:08 #5679 by oxford_bloke
Replied by oxford_bloke on topic Re: underbody protection
if you have a look under the distributor section of the website it have come up with this company.

www.taubenreuther.com

hope this helps

Tom

• oxford_bloke
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2010 21:12 #5680 by oxford_bloke
Replied by oxford_bloke on topic Re: underbody protection
can even buy a snow plow from then if the going gets tuff haha

More
03 Nov 2010 20:30 #5692 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: underbody protection
Ive given the snow plough some serious thought after last years weather ... I rekon a small 6ft blade is easy to fabricate using a 1/3 rubber pipe, mounted to a steel frame and fixed to a square tube mounting on the front of a jimny ... also rear salt spredder towed would also work ...

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• brindog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2010 08:23 #5709 by brindog
Replied by brindog on topic Re: underbody protection
I really like the diff protectors, great that there blot on, not weld on.

Sadly there is no distributor in Australia, but hopefully I can import straight from the company.
fingers crossed, they are exactly what I an looking for.

• mkay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2010 17:15 #5720 by mkay
Replied by mkay on topic Re: underbody protection

ooky_123 wrote: Ive given the snow plough some serious thought after last years weather ... I rekon a small 6ft blade is easy to fabricate using a 1/3 rubber pipe, mounted to a steel frame and fixed to a square tube mounting on the front of a jimny ... also rear salt spredder towed would also work ...

excellent plan for where we are, i could bid on council contracts and get paid for playing in snow!

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2010 19:54 #5728 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: underbody protection
I used to be the head groundsman at Longleat before moving into teaching so was on call most winters as part of the estates gritting team - we used a tractor with loader and fertiliser spinner. The lads used to rip me about my truck and still do (usual comments we all get). Imagine there shock when i showed them the following -

www.sno-way.de/

:P :P :P Its a nice feeling when you can be a smug *cough* when you know that you truck can be a little earner in the winter!!!! LOL!!! Then everytime they started with the comments - just hummed the Simpsons song "Mr Plow" and ask them if they could do that in their normal run of the mill cars!!

Obviously in britain we dont get that much snow to need one, but the options always there!!!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds