BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Budget van top

More
01 Nov 2010 11:30 #5626 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Budget van top
not a commercial as such, but I have been thinking about some window grids made of fine mesh, either stainless or Black powder coated.
Was looking to fid them on the outside of the rear windows ... a bit like the ML's in Jurassic Park!!.

If not, then the inside of the rear windows for added security

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2010 15:00 #5630 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Budget van top
Ive got them on the inside, purely as a deterent, everyone knows a tin opener can slice open the sides!!! :silly: Any passing theif would think twice about smashing and grabbing on a truck with grills - take them a bit longer. Might have to get me self a "Caution beware of the dog sign" for added effect. Its also handy having them on the inside, as i can hang stuff of them

More
01 Nov 2010 17:43 #5634 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Budget van top
Ok, Point taken ... I'll shut up !!

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2010 20:03 #5648 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Budget van top
i wouldnt have minded having them custom fitted though, which perfectly fit the corners of the windows, black powder coat or cream to match the headlining would look the K9s - theres alot out there for the green oval brigade but none for us! I must learn to weld so that i can start a production line at and start selling them on here.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds