BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

CB - Charlie Bravos Dewsbury

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2010 09:13 - 23 Oct 2010 09:15 #5295 by Mick C
CB - Charlie Bravos Dewsbury was created by Mick C
Any of you northern folks had any dealing with Charlie Bravos / Ray Balmforth? Sells cheap CB packages on eblag but also has a shop in Dewsbury. Not sure about mounts and connectors and... well everything really :S so fancied popping in somewhere were I could look at stuff etc.

It's a fair trek for me so if anyone has feedback on the shop that would be greatly appreciated :)
Last edit: 23 Oct 2010 09:15 by Mick C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2010 10:27 #5297 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: CB - Charlie Bravos Dewsbury
Yep Mick got my twig and swr meter off him, really helpful guy thats into offroading aswell. I can highly recommend him.

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2010 10:56 #5298 by Mick C
Replied by Mick C on topic Re: CB - Charlie Bravos Dewsbury
Nice one! cheers Gromit

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 09:37 #5448 by Mick C
Might take a trundle over tomorrow or sat.

Probably go Midland as they seem to be the accepted standard, don't need no thrills. Which one do you have gromit? the 98?

More
28 Oct 2010 10:31 #5452 by ooky_123
donot dismiss the TIi range either .. I have a tti TCB-660 and its really got everythign and more than I wanted in a CB too

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 14:33 #5464 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: CB - Charlie Bravos Dewsbury

Mick C wrote: Might take a trundle over tomorrow or sat.

Probably go Midland as they seem to be the accepted standard, don't need no thrills. Which one do you have gromit? the 98?

Yep the 98 but I removed the switches from the mike as they are a pain in the a**e.

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 16:23 #5468 by Mick C

ooky_123 wrote: donot dismiss the TIi range either .. I have a tti TCB-660 and its really got everythign and more than I wanted in a CB too

Thanks ooky :laugh: more choice now! I don't want to spend much but I guess going for tti or midland in a simillar price range is going to get me a reliable piece of kit.

Now then...which antenna mount.....:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 16:24 #5469 by Mick C

Gromit wrote:

Mick C wrote: Might take a trundle over tomorrow or sat.

Yep the 98 but I removed the switches from the mike as they are a pain in the a**e.

Thanks Gromit!!! :) :) :)

More
28 Oct 2010 16:56 #5471 by Jamie
I got my twig and lead from Ray, top guy also runs a shop at Kirton Off Road Centre...........

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2010 11:15 #5583 by Mick C
Met Ray on Friday and bought some kit, he's a proper character :cheer: He was packing gear for the Halloween bash at Kirton, glad I didn't trail over on Saturday he'd have been shut.

Got a TTI unit - just need to sort it all out now! I've done a permanent antenna mount fix on the Monty, not sure what to do on the Jimny though - to all you cb gurus out there - is using a bracket to bolt to one of the roof rails a dumbass idea???:S I know it wouldn't be the best spot performance-wise but do you reckon it would be acceptable?

More
31 Oct 2010 13:47 #5589 by JonathonMarshall
i'm planning to get roof bars for my jim and attach it to the front one. The ariel'll probably need earthed though.

• Mick C
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2010 14:26 #5591 by Mick C
yeah, that's what I'm pondering here, however when you buy a magmount there's a rubber pad between it and the painted body work etc... :S :S :S

must confess I don't know what I'm on about :whistle:

Hopefully someone will be along in the know :)

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds