BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New to bigjimny

More
02 Nov 2010 08:14 #5657 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: New to bigjimny
It almost looks too shiney to off road - but so did mine and the guilt has gone now!

I would suggest the Off Road Armory 4.5 inch kit with the arms and all the kit you need as when you tot up the bits on their own it doesn't seem too expensive.

Also, we all end up wanting more, like bigger tyres as time goes on once you have a Rocklobster etc. So buying the bigger lift begins to make more sense.

Just remember to go wider with spacers of offset wheels to keep it stable.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bigchridy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2010 19:36 #5675 by Bigchridy
Replied by Bigchridy on topic Re: New to bigjimny

kirkynut wrote: It almost looks too shiney to off road - but so did mine and the guilt has gone now!

I would suggest the Off Road Armory 4.5 inch kit with the arms and all the kit you need as when you tot up the bits on their own it doesn't seem too expensive.

Also, we all end up wanting more, like bigger tyres as time goes on once you have a Rocklobster etc. So buying the bigger lift begins to make more sense.

Just remember to go wider with spacers of offset wheels to keep it stable.

Kirkynut

It wont be shiney for long!

I've been looking at the off road armory stuff but wasnt sure which lift to go for. 3" or 4.5". If I want the whole lot at once I will have to wait till I sell the Disco as I dont have the funds at the moment. :(

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2010 20:47 #5677 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: New to bigjimny
go for 4.5" - you'll only regret it if you don't :evil:

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds