BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny for tall people?

More
25 Aug 2015 20:34 #150630 by gusthegorilla

Daniel30 wrote: Welcome to the forum blimey yeah not much room in the jimny for you! :) I suppose you could take out the seat and change it for something lower and bolted directly to the floor?

What :unsure: Like a settee :whistle: :evil: :whistle:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2015 20:45 #150631 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Jimny for tall people?

Fladdem wrote: Hi all, first post been lurking for a bit.

Is there a way of dropping the seat a smidgeon and then my legs should sort themselves out without having to move the switch, unless there is a neat way of relocating it.

Thanks a lot!

Hi and welcome.
I am 6'1" and have my seats lifted 2" yet still have a fist's clearance above my head. Maybe one thing that might help the leg rubbing is to move the seats back a few inches. As for headroom will reclining the seat a notch or so help? There are examples of brackets made to move the seat farther back on the forum.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2015 20:49 - 25 Aug 2015 20:50 #150633 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Jimny for tall people?
Yeah like the one in your's Gus :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:
File Attachment:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2015 20:50 by Daniel30. Reason: Done

More
25 Aug 2015 20:56 #150637 by gusthegorilla

Daniel30 wrote: Yeah like the one in your's Gus :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

Bugger!!! There's a spy in the camp....I've been rumbled :sick:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2015 20:57 #150638 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Jimny for tall people?

[IM :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: G]i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn27/danielf...er-1_zpspeaipi0a.jpg[/IMG]

More
25 Aug 2015 20:58 #150639 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Jimny for tall people?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's awful. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Prunsen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2015 06:39 - 26 Aug 2015 06:47 #150650 by Prunsen
Replied by Prunsen on topic Jimny for tall people?
I have made sets ready for mounting (and sell these :) )

suzuki4u.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&...a79fc4ae68f19962342b

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...-seat-position#66754

NB: be aware to secure the front bracket in the extra hole, like mine, otherwise the whole seat can twist sideways !
Last edit: 26 Aug 2015 06:47 by Prunsen.

• Whaley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2015 07:21 #150654 by Whaley
Replied by Whaley on topic Jimny for tall people?
6'3" and nearly 16 stone I fit fine but leg does rest on door but still find it very comfy I wouldn't worry pal and you will get to love the little thing :)

• Fladdem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2015 13:58 #150911 by Fladdem
Replied by Fladdem on topic Jimny for tall people?
Yeah, I suspect dropping the seat further back would help with the legs. Smart-looking brackets.

I'm not sure if all jimnys have the same roof bar in the centre but mines the soft top, so the head is very close to that anyway, although, two inches further back may put my head beyond that bar, sorting both issues in one, or possibly putting it directly below it.

I already love it, I passed my test in January and since then I have had a 1997 1.0 Micra, a 2002 1.25 Fiesta, an 05 Fiat Stilo 1.9JTD Estate and now this 2002 1.3 Jimny. I learned to drive in my dads 1958 Land Rover Series 2, this Jimny is the ultimate cross between Micra and Land Rover. I was out and about in it today, trying out some new lanes near Redditch, put about 4 hours in and went everywhere his 7 grand defender went. :P

I was thinking about fitting some bucket seats, if they're lower, because my mates just took a set out of his Defender to put some others in, so I'll have a look at them first.

• Mojok1444
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2021 07:35 #237548 by Mojok1444
Replied by Mojok1444 on topic Jimny for tall people?
Suzuki is known for making cars for the Asian market hence if you look at their range you can see the cars are more to the smaller size person. What I did notice when test driving them is the manual got more space for the leg than the automatic due of the clutch. It seems the automatic gear is wider approaching the engine bay and takes up some leg room. You will feel crowded and tend to hinge your shoulder over to look under the roof at the windshield unless you but the back way back as seats can't be lowered. My suggestion if Suzuki is ever going consider western counties known for XL and super XL sizes is to make the Jimny with a driver in the center and increase the Tyre size to handle the extra weight. They are just not design for the large people comfort. Other than that it drives much better than the previous gen.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds