BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny for tall people?

• Dananan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 11:23 #94504 by Dananan
Jimny for tall people? was created by Dananan
Hi guys, hope you are all well.

I've stumbled across this forum whilst trying to find an answer about the Jimny.

I really like the idea of owning one of these beautiful vehicles, but I'm not sure if I am wasting my time.

I am about 6"3 / 6"4 tall and also have a bit of a beer belly on me :P

My question is would I be able to fit into one of these comfortably?

Is there anyone else on this forum who is a gentle giant also?

I know some of you might tell me to just go and have a test drive in one myself, but I would like to know people's opinions first.

Thanks in advance, and I must say I am quite impressed by some of the content on this forum!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2013 11:31 #94506 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Jimny for tall people?
I'm 6'2" with 33" leg and it's OK

heights OK but knees stick out and rests on door

peeps on here have made seat runner mods before to push seat back further

can't advise on beer belly, but will definitely bounce around a lot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

best thing go a showroom and try it out because there's a lot about this truck you can put up with cause it makes you smile

;)

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 11:37 - 04 Dec 2013 14:42 #94510 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Jimny for tall people?
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm a bit of a beer-induced 'wide load' :laugh: and find the Jimny surprisingly very comfortable, however I'm under 6ft so it's your height that may be an issue.

Just recently there have been a few posts about modifying the seating position to get a bit more leg room etc... I'm sure someone will be along to offer more info soon but in the meantime do a bit of a search on the forum, there's some good stuff somewhere about it.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 14:42 by Reloaded.

• chriscallow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 12:49 - 04 Dec 2013 18:39 #94520 by chriscallow
Replied by chriscallow on topic Jimny for tall people?
hi and welcome, i am 6ft 3 and it was a little bit tight so i mate some brackets for the seat now there is plenty of room, this is the best way to move it back but if you want to move the seat up then the other way is better :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 18:39 by chriscallow .

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 12:50 - 04 Dec 2013 12:51 #94521 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Jimny for tall people?

Mick C wrote: Welcome to the forum :)

I'm a bit of a beer-induced 'wide load' :laugh: and find the Jimny surprisingly very comfortable, however I'm well under 6ft so it's your height that may be an issue.

Just recently there have been a few posts about modifying the seating position to get a bit more leg room etc... I'm sure someone will be along to offer more info soon but in the meantime do a bit of a search on the forum, there's some good stuff somewhere about it.

Have a look here for some info, others have done something similar hth ................ ;)

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...s-size-matter-well-2
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 12:51 by Tadpole.

More
04 Dec 2013 12:59 #94523 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Jimny for tall people?

Tadpole wrote: Have a look here for some info, others have done something similar hth ................ ;)

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...s-size-matter-well-2

:cheer: cool, missed that post, so have you told your insurance co about your 2" lift :lol:

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 13:02 #94525 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic Jimny for tall people?
5'11" and fat! I fit in no problem.. Have real issues with defenders though. I thing if you do the seat conversion you will be fine.

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 13:26 #94527 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Jimny for tall people?
Im 6 ft 2 tall by 6 ft 2 wide,when i first got my jimny after a week i felt a bit squashed,made some brackets to put the seat back more and i also moved the window switches further up the door card so not to keep hitting my knee off it and its spot on now id say it has more room than a defender seating position.

• jimothy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 17:52 #94539 by jimothy
Replied by jimothy on topic Jimny for tall people?
Im just about to do this mod as the wife says she does not sit high enough. Me I just need to go back a little. so I have found some steel box section at work. Happy Days more modifications. Ideal car for the fattists vertically challenged among us..

More
04 Dec 2013 19:12 #94548 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic Jimny for tall people?
what you need is a soft top and stick your head out the top lol my mates 6.4 and muscular build and hes ok in the jimny

JIMNYLESS

• Dananan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 19:21 #94550 by Dananan
Replied by Dananan on topic Jimny for tall people?
Thanks for all of the responses, guys!

Is the seat mod an easy one to do?

I've not really got much experience with doing things like that - certainly not making brackets/metal work.

Also do you have to tell your insurance company about it?

:)

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 19:53 #94559 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Jimny for tall people?

Halford wrote:

:cheer: cool, missed that post, so have you told your insurance co about your 2" lift :lol:[/quote]

Not yet I can't think of a suitable phrase to use, any suggestions ................. :lol:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds