BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
25 Jul 2021 19:44 #236968 by DrRobin

electrodealpro.com/suzuki-jimny-mk4-high...l-horsepower-soared/

There is some info and figures...
A bigger air box and filter will always allow more air in to the engine and allow more fuel to be added, so will result in more power.  However, looking at the power graph there isn’t much increase in power and only at higher revs is there any real difference in power which makes sense as that is when air flow is greatest.

Probably the most impressive thing is the sound, I will bet that it has a much more pronounced induction roar across a good part of the Rev range, that and the price tag probably gives the owner the most noticeable increase in performance.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2021 20:00 #236971 by Coco BT
yep, that will have a nice tone to it
Probably will invalidate your warranty tho

More
25 Jul 2021 21:01 #236972 by Roger Fairclough
The performance figures seem to be reversed. I assume that the dark line is green and the pale line is yellow!

Also scrapping a large air filter element for a constricted one is never a good idea.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jul 2021 18:44 #237013 by Lambert
Today I have finally received my v5 for Temeraire. Only taken 2 months. Unfortunately I had to change the taxation class from disabled to car so it had to be done on paper via the post office instead of online. I just find it amusing that dvla can indulge in industrial action because there's too much work for too few people like that is somehow going to improve the situation. In the real world I have been swearing quite hard at them.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jul 2021 16:09 #237041 by Dirtbird
HUN What was the cost of the LONELEC one?

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
27 Jul 2021 16:12 #237042 by Dirtbird
Id be like that as well some times but people are just copeing i think.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
27 Jul 2021 19:30 #237051 by HUN
2 pairs of custom made rear half-shafts for full floating axle conversion.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
28 Jul 2021 19:30 #237107 by Dirtbird
Will you give us some pics of the build HUN what will floating axels do , not being smart just don't know.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
29 Jul 2021 16:28 #237125 by Riccy

Will you give us some pics of the build HUN what will floating axels do , not being smart just don't know.

It adapts the rear axle to a 'floating' shaft and makes use of front bearing/hub assemblies to provide a much stronger and easier to replace rear wheel bearing. All 4 wheels now use the same bearing carrier and stub axle mounting arrangement, which is easy to swap and only a small spare part to carry :-) 

I make the adapter plates that go with these particular axle shafts (see Brett aka Maverick for the shafts)...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
29 Jul 2021 17:56 - 29 Jul 2021 17:57 #237132 by HUN

Here is some photo of my rear axle hub after the conversion has been done using parts from Riccy, Brett and Mr Suzuki.
Halfs-hafts only do torque transfer with this setup. Wheel bearing and ABS sensor have been relocated.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jul 2021 17:57 by HUN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy, Dirtbird

More
29 Jul 2021 18:04 #237133 by HUN

HUN What was the cost of the LONELEC one?

"facade wrote" means I quoted his post so I don't know the price.
Neither if it actually reads Suzuki codes or does not.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
29 Jul 2021 21:25 #237137 by Dirtbird
Hey thanks for getting back to me looks like some top-class cnc there. Like the way you have made a clean job of the Axel 

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds