BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
01 May 2020 08:29 #221722 by Scimike
Looking good, certainly hit the parts store.
I think I have just ordered the same fog / drl lights looking at the LED pattern.
Have fun
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2020 16:09 #221806 by Soeley
Attachments:

More
02 May 2020 18:25 #221812 by Reason2doubt

Soeley wrote: New toy to play with ;)

Snap! Mine arrived 2 days ago!

File Attachment:

This past week I got loads of interesting things to stock up my little garage/workshop:

Assorted bolts, rivnuts, rivnut tool, self-tappers, split pins, washers, spring washers, heat shrink, jubilee clips, p-clips ...
File Attachment:

Stuff for car specific jobs: beaker bar, fuse boxes, wire, fuses, electrical clips, switches, cheap redex from Amazon (only £2!)
File Attachment:

Also a headlight restoration kit, assorted bolts, locktite...

Working from home definitely has its advantages...the spare cash saved from travelling is coming in handy during lockdown...

More
02 May 2020 20:01 #221819 by Soeley

Reason2doubt wrote:

Soeley wrote: New toy to play with ;)

Snap! Mine arrived 2 days ago!

File Attachment:

I got a selection box of rivnuts from Screwfix

More
04 May 2020 12:58 - 04 May 2020 12:59 #221876 by Scimike
Hi Rabid Rhino,
Snap ---- same type arrived today!
Does the fog plug into the existing Jimny hardness as per the instructions or do I have to think a little harder? Look well made, quite pleased with them (from a cosmetic view)

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 May 2020 12:59 by Scimike.

More
06 May 2020 13:52 #221945 by Scimike
Thankfully our Post lady is still going and still with a big smile.

Today she delivered the exceptionally cheap ebay DRL controller I ordered for the lights above, picked whilst drinking whiskey and perusing eBay one night. It's a bad combination. It may or may not work with the Jimny, but if it does it's smaller than the DIY option I had planned. If it doesn't work it's got a decent amount of cable and some good waterproof connectors I can use, so it will get repurposed.

Attachments:

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2020 21:24 #222035 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic What did the postman bring today
Rivnut tool is up there in my Top 5 best tool buys ever!

More
09 May 2020 02:59 - 09 May 2020 03:05 #222038 by Rabid Rhino
SciMike....... My Jimny didn't have fogs so I have to wire them up.
I ordered the female plugs to connect the DRLs to the Suzuki wiring loom and at the moment still waiting for them along with a 3 gang switch to also rig up my eBay special £35 42" light bar for the LR Challenge A pillar brackets
Let me know how your DRL controller works out & please post a link to the auction.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2020 03:05 by Rabid Rhino.

More
09 May 2020 07:46 - 09 May 2020 14:36 #222039 by Scimike
Hi Rabid Rhino,
The DRL controller will not work with our lights as it actually permanently provides 12v on the live and switches the Ov wire to ground to turn on the lights. This would work with a stand alone set of DRLs, but as ours are combined they have a common ground that needs connecting for the fogs to work, so the permanent 12v feed just turns the DRLs on permanently!!
I am now using a single change over relay, 12v feed from heater fan supply connected via the normally close contact to the DRLs, coil feed from side lights. This works, DRLs on except when lights are on.
All the best
Mike

Edit - final install
Picture of change over relay used to control DRLs, coil tapped into side light bulb, supply from IGN2 source. I used a commercial fused tap to pick up the feed from the cabin fuse box, there is a fuse already present ( IGN2 ) that is the ideal supply for the DRLs.

Fuse cover showing location of 10Amp ( IG2 SIG) fuse.

Fused tap spur in place of IG2 SIG, Original 10A and 5A for DRLs.

No saying this is the only way, but it works for me on my 2009 G3.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2020 14:36 by Scimike.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 May 2020 15:25 #222061 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic What did the postman bring today

Useful one. I’m sure a lot of you have it already.
Attachments:

• jflynn2112
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2020 14:24 #222101 by jflynn2112
Replied by jflynn2112 on topic What did the postman bring today
A roof rack!

Went for a front runner roof rack and I also got the roof vinyl coated in black too!
Attachments:

More
14 May 2020 11:41 #222224 by Fossie
Not as hi tech as a camara kit but widow deflectors, ...for a cabrio , I know !
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds