BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
05 Mar 2020 12:57 #219423 by gusthegorilla
Even better with TWO in tandem....!!!!!:evil: :evil:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2020 22:00 #219446 by wjamieson
I'm very tempted myself with the transfer guard and also considering the Fuel Filter Guard. Can you tell me where you got the radius arm mount guards? The rest of the kit looks like it came from Jimnybits but no sign of Radius Arm Guards on their web site.

More
05 Mar 2020 22:01 #219448 by wjamieson
Sorry post above was directed at Gimny.

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 07:46 #219459 by G-imny
Replied by G-imny on topic What did the postman bring today

wjamieson wrote: Sorry post above was directed at Gimny.

The Radius Arm guards came from Jimny Bits. The reason they are not on general sale yet is that the fitting instructions are not finished yet and they had to order custom boxes to pack them in. I managed to get a set because I went to visit their facility and said I would take them without the instructions and the box didn’t matter because it wasn’t going through the post.

There will not be many sets available initially so they will sell out quickly but I think Rus is ordering bigger batches in future to keep stock on the shelves. Basically no one anticipated the demand for the car or the demand to modify it from new.

More
27 Mar 2020 16:05 #220326 by Rabid Rhino
My 2nd pair. Hopefully these are correct LHD as last year I ordered LHD but just noticed last week they were RHD so too long for an exchange.
Which means I have a spare pair of RHDs.
I'll speak to Martin about donating them to the 2020 Big Jimny Meet as a raffle prize. I'm thinking £5 a ticket with all money raised going to Save the Rhinos.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
06 Apr 2020 12:22 #220751 by Scimike
The postal service is still working, 11 days from Holland, not bad.
Koni Heavy Track rear shocks, hopefully to make things a little better when I tow. Adjustable apparently which is a bonus, but adjust before fit which is odd. I'll set them in the middle and see how it goes.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2020 20:46 #220791 by facade
My Jimnybits transfer box guard arrived- exactly 24 hours after I ordered it! DPD have their eyes on the ball ;)

Looks good, but I can't fit it until I get the first service done, and I don't know when that will be at the moment, I hope Suzuki cut us some slack in the current situation.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
26 Apr 2020 23:23 #221547 by kirkynut
I got some adapter ring spacers for SJ manual freewheeling hubs through a few days ago from Jimny Bits.

Now I'm using the Jimny daily and I had them alread I thought I ought to use the freewheeling hubs now and ordered the adapter spacers up.

I have a leaky swivel, so when I change the kingpin bearings I'll fit the hubs.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
27 Apr 2020 11:17 #221564 by mlines
"Going up"

Lifting Gerald the Gen4 Jimny

In the words of Fast and Furious "Overnight parts from Japan Germany"

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

• NickR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Apr 2020 11:57 - 27 Apr 2020 11:58 #221567 by NickR
Replied by NickR on topic What did the postman bring today
Snap :)

Almost down to the floor and background as well!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Apr 2020 11:58 by NickR.

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Apr 2020 00:44 #221578 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic What did the postman bring today
Attachments:

More
01 May 2020 02:25 #221719 by Rabid Rhino
The other day....

Which I thought would compliment my fancy new lights in my fancy new bumper I got last year.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds