BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
02 Jul 2021 17:23 #236309 by Dirtbird
Could do with both. very nice well ware.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2021 09:58 #236335 by facade

A new Gen 4, fully electric, 4 wheel drive, large travel suspension, Bluetooth, USB charger and smartphone link/control

Top speed is about 3mph on the tarmac, grass or carpet, but it accelerates like a rocket.

Where did you get it from?
There are some on eBay For £75, Bangood sell them for about 40 euros from Czechoslovakia, but with Brexit there might be huge import tarifs...

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
03 Jul 2021 10:20 - 03 Jul 2021 10:23 #236336 by facade
I bought a quality Bluetooth obd adaptor to use with the excellent SZ-viewer. Those guys sell the adaptors for 'bikes, and the Guzzi one they sold me was perfect, so I'm happy to plug them

Don't waste money on eBay & Amazon rubbish, these do NOT work.  I had the blue Vgate one apart, and it seems very well made, I think it is just faulty, but I'm hardly going to send it back to China. (I've had the blue Vgate one a few years, and it has never worked, I bought the white one last week- I'll get onto the eBay seller)

It is true what they say- buy cheap buy twice....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jul 2021 10:23 by facade.

More
03 Jul 2021 17:26 #236357 by DrRobin
My model Jimny came from Aliexpress, £31 + £7 VAT paid up front so you don’t get Royal Mail adding their £8 handling charge. It was shipped from CZ in about 6 days. It is the same as Banggood, just better price and faster shipping.

I have just ordered a light kit for £10+VAT, that gives headlights and indicators, essential for those midnight runs down the back garden.

Aliexpress adds the VAT at point of sale, so it just goes straight through customs with nothing more to pay. It’s a much better solution and fully legit, plus no surprises. eBay, Banggood and others do the same.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Jul 2021 05:36 #236372 by Lambert
This. 

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Attachments:

More
04 Jul 2021 14:47 - 04 Jul 2021 14:49 #236391 by X8GGY
And mine! So I fabbed up a quick mount for it -

I still say Martin missed something though? :(

That's better ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2021 14:49 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
07 Jul 2021 11:11 #236480 by DrRobin
Not the postman as such, but the nice blokes at the tyre fitting centre fitted two new rear tyres (Geolandar) in readness for the BigJimny meet up.

My Jimny arrived to me with Dueler HT on the rear (a little worn, 3mm left) and Dueler A/T on the front that still have good tread, so it made sense to keep the A/Ts on the front and get some new rubber for the rear.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

• JAV Man
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jul 2021 14:14 #236487 by JAV Man
Replied by JAV Man on topic What did the postman bring today
Postman in a big van dropped this off at lunchtime.  Very pleased and looking forward to lots of happy miles.

Attachments:

More
07 Jul 2021 14:19 #236489 by DrRobin
Postman in a big van dropped this off at lunchtime.  Very pleased and looking forward to lots of happy miles.

File Attachment:

Nice one.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
07 Jul 2021 17:32 #236503 by Keithy
Brought me some goodies.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
20 Jul 2021 09:50 - 20 Jul 2021 09:50 #236826 by Reason2doubt
Rust proofing! 

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2021 09:50 by Reason2doubt.

More
20 Jul 2021 10:37 #236828 by DrRobin
A blind spot mirror so I can see the rear wheel and park up to the kerb.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds