BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
03 Jul 2020 07:04 #224431 by Reason2doubt
May have been me...

File Attachment:

I've found it very useful so far. As you say, a place to put pocket things which were otherwise left to sit on the passenger seat most of the time because nothing seems to fit in the door cards or the little space next to the handbrake (except my wallet which fits there quite nicely).

Did yours come with any USB's at the back/front anywhere? Mine had 6 (of suspect quality) which definitely appears to be a "quantity over quality" approach by the manufacturer.

So far definitely helped with left shoulder/neck pain on long journeys where that arm was normally without any support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2020 07:31 #224433 by Fossie
I think yours was probably a better design with the shape for handbrake but the oblong is very useful , but no , this one has no power outlets , which suits us fine as we don't use the charger in the car anyway ...in fact any car really....( I only have an old Nokia , so charging is a weekly thing...and sat nav is mk1 paper one!)
But thanks for the heads up

More
04 Jul 2020 14:33 - 04 Jul 2020 14:36 #224486 by Rabid Rhino
These arrived the other day & I posted them on a Jimny Logo Accessories thread I created. I need a pair of Blue door grab handles that I just found & ordered from Amazon. Not a prime member so should be here in 2 months.
Spectacular colors. Love the Jimny logo.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 14:36 by Rabid Rhino. Reason: Insert photo

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Jul 2020 17:12 - 04 Jul 2020 17:12 #224498 by Lambert
Finally got the new rear springs delivered. Ordered from eBay day after Dave posted the front ones so about and a half weeks ago, had an email a week last Friday saying they were out for delivery and they landed today. Alleged to be a UK supplier and in stock. Ebay confuses me. Some sellers are on the ball, day or two delivery others not so much.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 17:12 by Lambert.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2020 10:23 #224577 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic What did the postman bring today
A NEW BATTERY!

As it arrived right on sunset tonight, full details and photos after I unpack it tomorrow.
It took only 3 weeks to come from Melbourne, as "Dangerous Goods", I am so grateful that it was allowed to travel! :)

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2020 10:28 #224578 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic What did the postman bring today
New battery already? Crikey! Chris

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jul 2020 00:46 - 07 Jul 2020 08:51 #224617 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic What did the postman bring today

CC Baxter wrote: New battery already? Crikey! Chris

Yes, and the original open Lead/Acid Battery is still quite well, its SG is from 1280 to 1285. However, I wanted to have something larger (AH) that better suited to my seniors driving style (EFB).

Out of the box: 12.80Volts, that is amazing after being 3 weeks in transit!
It is now on the trickle charger, 15.0-15.8Volts and 1.0-1.2Amps, I am watching the in-built hydrometer, waiting for the little Black Button to go Red, then, it will be fully charged. ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jul 2020 08:51 by GeorgeC.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jul 2020 08:53 #224629 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic What did the postman bring today
Picture and comments when it's fitted please George. Personally I prefer sealed to open batteries, and bigger is always bigger. Chris

More
07 Jul 2020 09:07 #224631 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2020 02:41 - 11 Jul 2020 03:23 #224703 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic What did the postman bring today?

CC Baxter wrote: Picture and comments when it's fitted please George.
Personally I prefer sealed to open batteries, and bigger is always bigger. Chris

Thank you for the comments and the PM Chris.

It is all going well, the little SG button is now "Red", it just took a little longer than I expected.
Day 1: 10 hours @ 1.2amps = 15.8V
Day 2: 5 hours @ 1.0amps = 16.0V
Day 3: 1 hour @ 0.75amps = 16.2V
Day 4: 1 hour @ 0.84amps = 16.15V
Day 5: 1 hour @ 0.9amps = 16.24V
I will continue with 1 hour/day on the bench until it is fitted.
All this is in preparation, before fitting the battery to the car. This is usually done by the garage or battery shop. I ordered the battery to be filled with acid but not charged as it had to travel 3,500km by road and/or train.
Normal in-car charging for this battery is 14.4V.

Edit: Fitting the new Battery: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...y-today/reply/224550
Last edit: 11 Jul 2020 03:23 by GeorgeC. Reason: Link to Fitting the new battery: https://www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny-chat/48292-what-did-you-do-to-your-jimny-today/reply/224550

More
12 Jul 2020 14:41 #224900 by Rabid Rhino
Aliexpress is like father Christmas, suprising you with presents.
I ordered these so long ago I thought they were lost . I'd even forgotten about them and wasn't even quite sure if I'd ordered them.
For some unknown reasons I cant check my orders on their site. I just get a rotating star on my pc, ipad and android.
Pleasantly suprsed when I opened a box yesterday and saw these.
Not sure if I also ordered red. I can but hope.
I did just order another pair from DH Gate in silver last week. Fingers crossed.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:

• Probablynotfrank
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2020 17:26 #225006 by Probablynotfrank
Replied by Probablynotfrank on topic What did the postman bring today
Got an LR Challenge mount to finally fit the SJ410 transfer box :laugh:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds