BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Very poor fuel consumption

More
10 Aug 2013 19:54 #79509 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Very poor fuel consumption
31.5mpg around towm. It's great to get that much especially as I am used to 25 using the more expensive diesel. B)

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• UKDAN
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Aug 2013 06:23 #79530 by UKDAN
Replied by UKDAN on topic Re:Very poor fuel consumption
I get 240 miles out of a full tank & 150miles out of half tank (21 litres) as I believe the extra weight makes a big difference to mpg. Also accelerate gently don't let the revs go above 3000rpm (55mph) that's in a 2000 auto Jim.

Dan

• jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Aug 2013 08:42 #79536 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic Very poor fuel consumption
i don't know what mine id doing i don't care , how ever my customers who i have changed there oil to 0w/20 as in my hand book and fitting Iridium spark plugs and them using only Shell Vpower+nito petrol , they are very happy as they are getting more mpg and better power out of there's ,i have always got good mpg out of my vehicles my Jeep Wrangler sahara 4.0l i used to get 40-45 mpg out of it and my last truck was 40 mpg , one of the Volvo dealers i was at we had a customer kept coming in complaining about how much fuel he used so the one day i was sent out in the car with a fuel meter and computer on with the customer and got very high mpg out of ,he never came back about the fuel again ,it is a lot down to the driver as well as how the vehicle is looked after and serviced, i service mine every 6 months not the 12 months in the book ,these long service times are not good for the vehicles and people don't read the service books proppoly

More
18 Aug 2013 21:27 #80248 by jimkyx
Replied by jimkyx on topic Very poor fuel consumption

jimkyx wrote: I am also getting less than 30mpg. Going to Norfolk next week so it will be interesting to see what I get for the trip.
My wife has a Micra used locally and never gets more than 34mpg. I get 50 out of it on a run. My daughter has an i10 and was very disappointed with the mpg she uses it for 10 mile trips to work and only gets 35mpg.

Just got back from Norfolk and averaged 39 MPG for the trip. That was not going over 60 MPH on any road and mostly under 40 around the lanes.

• Docmartin4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2013 21:08 #87813 by Docmartin4x4
Replied by Docmartin4x4 on topic Very poor fuel consumption
I did a run to good old Blackpool in the week i did 65/70 mph on the way up there and 55/60 mph on the way back and did 270 miles and still had 8 or 9 l left in the tank! since i fitted the 'chip' to the Jim fuel has been improved(unless i boot it then it's worse).

Mart

• piprice
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 07:26 #87854 by piprice
Replied by piprice on topic Very poor fuel consumption
2 gallon I've just got 70 miles.... (10 litres costing about £13-£14)
2002 'O2' with a dodgy lambda (p0135)

More
25 Oct 2013 10:22 #87875 by gilburton
A gallon is nearer 4.5 ltrs! so that would be 9 ltrs for 70mls!! If you've used 10 you're probably nearer 30/32 then 35 mpg!
I've not done the actual calculation just an estimate lol

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• rayz_x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 16:10 #87919 by rayz_x
Replied by rayz_x on topic Very poor fuel consumption
Mine is a 57 plate. I was getting 36-37 mpg with the original Bridgestone duellers but since I changed to Yokohama Geolandar ATs I am getting 33-34. No modifications to it otherwise, drive to work on a mixture of dual carriageway and urban roads and I don't do more than 60mph. If we get some snow it will all be worthwhile.

Ray

• 410shotgun
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 17:08 #87925 by 410shotgun
Replied by 410shotgun on topic Very poor fuel consumption
I get around 200 on a tank most of the time on the school run
6.5 to 7 mile round trip

• Jimnyash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 17:50 #87930 by Jimnyash
Replied by Jimnyash on topic Very poor fuel consumption
About 30mpg on 215 AT's.

Was around 35 on standard size duellers.

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 19:31 #87940 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic Very poor fuel consumption
19-21 mpg :lol: spec below....... im i the lowest :lol: do i win :lol: :lol:

• piprice
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 20:25 #87949 by piprice
Replied by piprice on topic Very poor fuel consumption
That's all the weight lol

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds