BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
18 Apr 2021 20:52 #234559 by DrRobin
Took my Jimny for a 200 mile round trip to see my Mum on her 90th birthday. Drove over the North Yorkshire moors in glorious sunshine, both ways, it doesn’t get much better unless you are off the black stuff and on the very soft stuff.

I could really feel the difference of replacing the kingpin bearings and even the engine seem happy to rev and pull, we made the trip in a record time [for a Jimny].

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Apr 2021 20:12 #234718 by Lambert
Today I have been mostly reorganising the wheel change tools which live permanently in the car from under the passenger seat to the front of the plywood liner to improve access and more importantly minimise rattle. I also added a pair of support legs into the footwells to see if it helps with the creaking while I continue to research the expanding foam idea. Also lubricated the door hinges and hand brake lever. Quite productive for me recently.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 May 2021 18:29 #234988 by Michael83
Hand throttle instal.
I used a Shimano 6 speed shifter and a Shimano gear cable. 
mounted on gear stick, cable through gaters and up above gear box, up and into engine bay.  Cable tie or wire twist on to lifting ring on top of bell housing.
Drilled hole in tab where accelerator cable cover ends and finished hand throttle cable in the same way with bike fittings.
Drilled and tapped hole into metal  tab on black plastic spring thingy that the accelerator cable ends on.
Mounted a standard old fashioned brake wire clamp bolt into tapped hole for adjustment.
The shifter then operates the throttle exactly the same as the stock accelerator cable running parralel to it and causing no interference. Looks factory too.
£20 for bits, and a hour of my time. 

Computer illiterate so no pics. You get the idea tho.

​​​​​

Played with tension, 1 click 1200 RVs 2 clicks 2500rvs that's with reduction years and 30s in 1st. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
14 May 2021 10:15 - 14 May 2021 10:17 #235024 by yakuza

Getting my MOT today. Wich explains the ridicoulus 195 tires on 1985 SJ wheels. Max 5% deviation on the tires so these are ok so my non mot'able 235 BFG is off to be balanced. 

Cleaned the drum brakes, disabled the muddy fog lights, removed too many front parking lights, fixed the auto drl relay and put silicone spray on Seat belts so they return like lightning. Hoping there is not much more. 
Results later

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 May 2021 10:17 by yakuza.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
14 May 2021 12:16 #235027 by Lambert
Good luck

More
14 May 2021 15:43 #235034 by yakuza
Thanks Lambert :)
MOT was Ok with no remarks. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
14 May 2021 16:01 #235035 by gv42
A jimny good news

• Lambert
    Registered
More
14 May 2021 18:26 #235036 by Lambert
Today I have mostly been finishing up making Dreadnaught ready for sale.

More
14 May 2021 19:29 - 14 May 2021 19:59 #235040 by Scimike
Got a "pay as you go" tracker for my caravan, which I have fitted to my Jimmy, simply so I can have a play and understand the "how and if" questions. Want to be able to enable it when I want, and not when I don't, simple.
Should work, but only my tests will tell.
My Jimmy now appearing as a dot on a map near you soon. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 May 2021 19:59 by Scimike. Reason: Auto correct, this new editor and my incompetence, a match made in correction land.

More
31 May 2021 21:26 #235506 by Foxtrot
I took advantage of the good weather and took a picture of my Ivory Chiffon JB74, framed by the trees with the light dappling through the leaves. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Gadget, Soeley

More
01 Jun 2021 11:42 #235513 by 300bhpton

Charged the battery, put in a bit of fuel, loaded it on trailer for tomorrow we trial!!!!
Grass roots sport, means we can compete. 
Think this is you? @Groundworker

Sorry didn't get many photos. Not sure if any made their way to Facebook. Would love to seem some more.

Not strictly Jimny related for me. But my brother & I setup and ran an RTV trial at Whaddon over the bank holiday weekend. We setup as part of a Land Rover club, so used a standard V8 90 and a coiler 88.

The AROC club however allows other vehicle types. Including a couple of Jimnys and a Vit. The Vit did well on some sections, but I think lacked a bit of front suspension flex and ground clearance for the terrain. The other Jimny looked immaculate on fairly large wheels (sadly no pics from me). Although by the end of the day they had lost the front bumper, some sort of undertray pieces. A slipping clutch and some horrid noises from what appeared to be the front diff. Although they did do very well overall. And of course Groudworkers one above, who also got a brilliant 'clear' on the final section of the day.

The sections really showed up the different traits of the vehicles. On some the small Jimny's could get where others couldn't. The LWB Range Rover got a shunt which proved useful on some section, but let down by tyre choice. And the additional ground clearance of the Land Rovers helped them not get stuck in some places.

Attachments:

More
01 Jun 2021 17:53 #235522 by Gadget
Rear bumper off, recovery points removed and given a fresh lick of smoothrite so they match the fronts. Also a bit of Kurust on the underside of the rear pumpkin, followed by some Buzzweld CIO.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds