BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Jan 2021 19:26 #232387 by Lambert
Yes I have before my press I did one with a hammer and a vice and it just took longer. The full replacement is most of 80 quid or rare expensive.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2021 19:50 - 31 Jan 2021 19:51 #232388 by Scimike
Thanks Lambert. I am aware that the SKF 66009 is a Suzuki alternative for the complete pulley, a little cheaper at £65 -69, but hoping the bearing is much less.
 It's still working so no rush, but I don't like noisy bearing as at best it a ticking time bomb waiting to fail.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 31 Jan 2021 19:51 by Scimike.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
03 Feb 2021 18:13 #232449 by Lambert
Took my own advice today and installed a kilogram of silica gel dehumidifier. Chucked it on the dash at lunchtime and even now it's working hard. Being in and out of the car in wet clothes and boots all day before it would have condensation literally running down the inside of the whole of the windows which is now not happening. Quite impressive. And it's reusable after it's been pinged in the microwave.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• Gilling Red
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2021 14:11 #232467 by Gilling Red
Replied by Gilling Red on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
5 Hankook 195/80/15 Dynapro's fitted. Look a lot more rugged than the stock tyres.

More
11 Feb 2021 19:20 #232701 by Paul4A
After having recently completed some more rust prevention underneath at the rear, and part exhaust yesterday, I took it on a works journey and took this photo outside of Prudhoe Castle 

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
11 Feb 2021 19:58 #232704 by Lambert
Every time I see a Jimny on standard steel rims I can't help falling a little further out of love with my alloys.

More
11 Feb 2021 21:24 #232707 by Paul4A
Unfortunately they’re a bit rusty. I had thought of changing to alloys but my partner, who technically owns it prefers the steel wheels. They probably need blasting and painting. Might consider it if I can identify the correct colour. I’d hate it to look like a cheap silver aerosol job.

Paul

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.

More
14 Feb 2021 18:09 #232776 by Soeley
I fitted a sunstrip this weekend, the sun always manages to find the gap between the visor and A post or rear view mirror. Took some time to cut out for the safety camera housing first with the strip on the outside.

Foliatec Sun Strip

Attachments:

More
14 Feb 2021 18:22 #232778 by Scimike
Nice Job, looks the part.
I still have mine to fit, just waiting for better weather. This year for some reason has highlighted the visor / mirror gap, which has always been in perfect alignment with the sun. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• Sick Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2021 22:39 - 14 Feb 2021 22:40 #232787 by Sick Nick
Replied by Sick Nick on topic What did you do to your jimny today?

Ported and polished 
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Feb 2021 22:40 by Sick Nick.

More
14 Feb 2021 23:26 #232788 by Old Neil
Spent most of the weekend trying work out why jimny wouldn't start, turns out the after market immobilizer (over here has to be fitted by regulation)went into full immobilizer mode

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

More
15 Feb 2021 04:48 #232790 by Old Neil
also finished wiring in fuel ratio meter

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds