BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Oct 2020 18:36 #229411 by Lambert
I have and 2 things spring to mind, while it may possibly be chemically different it looks just like my gen3 did when it was new. Suzuki build to a budget for a primary market that doesn't use salt on roads in winter so warranty or not the quality of the prevention is not going to be above and beyond industry standards. Oh and have a read of the corrosion warranty it's contingent on yearly dealership inspection and rectification aka not worth the paper it's printed on.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2020 18:52 #229414 by Roger Fairclough
Continuing this discussion is pointless. I will let you know in 12 years time how Tonka fares.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
More
23 Oct 2020 15:14 #229431 by Lambert
Today I have mostly been working the stereo aka making the windows rattle and my ears nearly bleed. Why? Because the first new Faithless album in 10 years, All Blessed, landed on my doorstep after months of preorder on amazon.

It.
Is.
Amazing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
23 Oct 2020 16:40 #229435 by Scimike
Thanks for that, not sure I have stumbled across Faithless, I'll have a listen. As I don't sleep very well I tend to spend late evenings wandering You Tube listening to all music genres. I follow suggested links and have stumbled across some truly amazing sounds. Let's just say my playlist on my phone is one hell of a ride.
Do enjoy a car door rattle, good on ya. :evil:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
More
23 Oct 2020 17:15 #229437 by Lambert
I have everything they have ever produced including the special editions and none album releases. They have been the soundtrack to my life, well since I discovered that I was (and still am) a dirty raver back in the late 80s. Big fish. Little fish. Cardboard box.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2020 10:20 #229493 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

Scimike wrote: Thanks for that, not sure I have stumbled across Faithless, I'll have a listen. As I don't sleep very well I tend to spend late evenings wandering You Tube listening to all music genres. I follow suggested links and have stumbled across some truly amazing sounds. Let's just say my playlist on my phone is one hell of a ride.
Do enjoy a car door rattle, good on ya. :evil:

They have a track called '' Insomnia'' :lol: :lol: :)

More
31 Oct 2020 16:36 #229591 by Scimike
I washed the Jimny today for it's pending MOT on Monday.Also saved £600 and all the hard work of a suspension lift by parking it next to our MR2 - visual result !

Makes you realise how tall the Jimny is :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2020 15:40 #229623 by Scimike
It passed the MOT, once again no advisories. That's 3 MOTs in my ownership and nothing to report. Washing it was the big factor.....:lol:

More
02 Nov 2020 15:53 #229624 by DrRobin
Way to go, good news on the MOT.

Did you wash the MR2 as well? You seem to have washed the number plate off.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
02 Nov 2020 16:04 #229625 by Scimike
Thanks!
MR2 Jap import so square numberplate just out of shot. Jimny numberplate distortion to confuse Government spies. :dry: :lol:

More
02 Nov 2020 16:24 #229627 by DrRobin
Using the shadows to workout sun angle and moss on the side of the garage/tree they already have your approximate Lat/Long and are just accessing the DVLA database to see who has a recently MOTed Jimny and a imported MR2.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
06 Nov 2020 16:34 #229750 by Scimike
Put my new stands to good use giving the Jimny a full fluid change. Happy to see that the gearbox / transfer oil coming out is as clean as the oil going in, no bits on the plug magnetics.

Checked up on the swivels, approaching 1.5 years since I refurbished, still no signs of rust or play in the bearings. Fingers crossed I will get many years trouble free service, looking good so far.

Just the differential oil to change tomorrow, lack of light stops play.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds