BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
02 Oct 2020 19:40 #228707 by Soeley
Finally got the spare steel wheel fitted with the Geolander and on the car.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2020 14:32 - 04 Oct 2020 14:32 #228771 by Reason2doubt
One of Jimbob's angry eyes was hit with a metal pole that I accidentally dropped and it shattered the plastic. Just as well they were on otherwise I think the headlight would have been in worse shape.

New passenger side angry eye cover fitted so at least it doesn't look perplexed now (did look a little amusing for a while).

Also took the opportunity to charge the batteries up a bit as it's been sat for a a fair few weeks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Oct 2020 14:32 by Reason2doubt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
04 Oct 2020 17:03 #228777 by Scimike
I quite like the idea of a perplexed looking Jimny. Made me laugh, sorry about that as it involved damage to achieve . :(

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
05 Oct 2020 10:09 #228816 by Keithy
Fitted an M16 into a Jimny for a mate...auto of all things!
Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2020 22:31 #228857 by Reason2doubt
Fixed the Suzuki Alto so I could keep the Jimny in the Garage! Gave it some new disks and the Jimny rust treatment of painting everything in sight.

Attachments:

More
09 Oct 2020 18:06 #228947 by DrRobin
MOT and Service, my first with the car. Passed with flying colours, except a corroded brake hose and an advisory to keep an eye on the other hoses. Not bad since the garage I bought it from didn’t service it first, just an MOT and two days later a pipe on the power steering gave up the rust that was holding it together.

My cars go to a little local family run garage, they do everything that is needed and nothing that isn’t. They used an engine and fuel flush, must have needed it and generally poured love all over the car. My short journey home, it seems to run well, so very pleased.

It’s going back end of next week to have its bottom scrubbed and Waxoil applied, for what they want to charge ts not worth me doing it.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Oct 2020 21:11 #229038 by DrRobin
I used the jack out of my Jimny to service the brakes on my other car. Actually the Jimny jack is quite reasonable, it has a good area to spread the load.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2020 12:30 #229047 by Paul4A
I polished the Jimny. I took it for an MoT last week and it failed on rust on the front end of the cills. More welding later ( lots in other places last year) it came back washed and valeted after a pass. I had it treated to a full fluid change including axles, gearbox and transfer box. And it looks and went so good I decided to get the newly bought Autoglym out and give it a much better polish than it normally gets. It looks pretty good.

Paul

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Oct 2020 14:32 #229140 by Lambert
Today I have fitted the new brakes and done an oil service. I might have been forgiven for ignoring the oil change given that it was charged with the head gasket but I figured that oil is cheaper than engine components with it having been open recently. Fortunately the oil was really quite clean so I may be paranoid.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Oct 2020 19:45 #229146 by Barry silver SZ5
Drrobin. Snap on your dark blue car . Toys for boys. . Used my most enjoyable new car with towbar to tow tree trunk up my no through lane for firewood

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Oct 2020 07:46 #229194 by Lambert
Took the jet wash to the underside of Dreadnaught today in readiness for some waxoyl tomorrow. Nice and clean and clean and nice!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Oct 2020 08:35 #229197 by DrRobin
Great minds think alike, I am picking my Jimny up from the garage in about an hour after they have cleaned and Waxoyled the underside.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds