BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
18 Jun 2020 20:57 - 18 Jun 2020 20:58 #223720 by Paul4A
For those towing bigger caravans you could always go for one of those modern tear drop shaped campers, or a small caravan such as an Eriba Puck www.eriba.com/en/models/caravans/eriba-t...n-eriba-touring.html
Or a Gobur folding caravan for less wind resistance goburcaravans.co.uk/our-pre-owned-stock/
I’d thought of the latter myself in the past for towing behind my classic car. Very expensive though.

Paul

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.
Last edit: 18 Jun 2020 20:58 by Paul4A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2020 21:19 #223721 by Paul4A

DrRobin wrote: Sweet and Buon Viaggio!

Wish I was going rather than back and forwards to Gateshead (work).

QE?

Not too far from me.

Paul

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.

More
18 Jun 2020 21:49 #223722 by Reason2doubt

Paul4A wrote:

DrRobin wrote: Sweet and Buon Viaggio!

Wish I was going rather than back and forwards to Gateshead (work).

QE?

Not too far from me.

Paul

I not too long ago moved from Windy Nook (round the corner from the QE) and was frequently in and out the QE with work.

More
19 Jun 2020 08:12 #223730 by kirkynut

Lambert wrote: Not mountain conditions by any means but I regularly tow 1300 kg behind Dreadnaught up some fairly serious inclines here in the dales and while slow she's never missed a beat. In a hundred and five thousand miles.

This probably contributed to your head gasket failing though mate!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
19 Jun 2020 08:23 #223731 by Reason2doubt

kirkynut wrote:

Lambert wrote: Not mountain conditions by any means but I regularly tow 1300 kg behind Dreadnaught up some fairly serious inclines here in the dales and while slow she's never missed a beat. In a hundred and five thousand miles.

This probably contributed to your head gasket failing though mate!

Kirkynut

:laugh: :laugh:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jun 2020 09:18 #223733 by Lambert
Or it's a general consequence of 105 thousand miles. Either way I caught it early enough for the car to be still in a drivable condition. She was only immobile because of parts supply and covid19. I love my Dreadnaught!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
20 Jun 2020 14:48 #223777 by Scimike
With all thel lockdown related grass cutting that's been taking place the pollen count for the last two months has been High to unbearable. The better half is suffering accordingly, so to ease her pain I have ordered a pollen filter from Martin to fit in our Jimny. I decided to take a look to check I could remove the cover (just in case I broke it) and see if it had one fitted.
As expected it did not, however the matrix and filter box contained a surprising amount of pollen related debris and potential bird nests !!
Just think whats been blowing in our faces.

This is what remained after the majority fell into the foot well after removing the cover !

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
More
20 Jun 2020 18:53 - 20 Jun 2020 18:55 #223794 by Scimike
Do they have a pad for your bum to sit on? Can't figure out what the raised bit is for on the front edge of the seat.
Forgive my ignorance as I am a road biased, so not sure sometimes what I am looking at with off road kit
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 20 Jun 2020 18:55 by Scimike.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Jun 2020 19:19 #223795 by Lambert
That front leg bolster is to stop you sliding forward under the seatbelt in a sudden stop. It's known as submarining. It's less of an issue with a 5 point harness with a strap between your legs.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
20 Jun 2020 19:39 #223798 by Scimike
Ah ok - makes sense.

More
20 Jun 2020 20:00 #223799 by jackonlyjack
They come with a pad,but the step in the front is way to much for my needs
So just in the process of making a new base,this will fill the gap level and make them more comfortable for my needs ;)

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds