BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 May 2020 17:45 #222995 by Lambert
Guess who's back, back again? Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back?! Dreadnaught's back, tell a friend!

Yay!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2020 19:07 #223001 by Soeley
Great news Lambert, good to hear!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
29 May 2020 19:10 #223002 by Soeley
Today I finally got all my Goodridge extended brake pipes fitted.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
29 May 2020 22:01 #223015 by crash486
Moved the spot lights from number plate mount to bumper (reinforced), painted a Red S, added PPF to leading edges (bonnet, painted area around grill, A pillars, sills, back door where people grab the frame).

crash486

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2020 14:12 #223029 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today?
Finished the under bonnet rust treatment

Attachments:

More
31 May 2020 22:02 #223089 by Reason2doubt
Looks good Hammo, pretty good paint match.

More
31 May 2020 22:21 - 31 May 2020 22:21 #223091 by Reason2doubt
The winch is finally wired in and working!

I found a nice spot to put the control box just next to the (now understood to be) 'fuel evap canister'.

First step was to make a bracket with some sheet steel. A bit of cutting, bending and some holes drilled and voila.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

A quick test with the controller attached - easy enough to get to the control box wire input but I will be relying on the wireless controllers mostly.

File Attachment:

Then a quick BBQ to celebrate!

File Attachment:
Last edit: 31 May 2020 22:21 by Reason2doubt.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
01 Jun 2020 17:16 #223123 by Riccy

Reason2doubt wrote: The winch is finally wired in and working!

I found a nice spot to put the control box just next to the (now understood to be) 'fuel evap canister'.

First step was to make a bracket with some sheet steel. A bit of cutting, bending and some holes drilled and voila.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

A quick test with the controller attached - easy enough to get to the control box wire input but I will be relying on the wireless controllers mostly.

File Attachment:

Then a quick BBQ to celebrate!

File Attachment:

Tidy solution there B)

BBQ looked tasty too :laugh:

Is your winch a winchmax one? (the controller looks like mine). I discovered that the solenoid box isnt that waterproof and the little black box inside it for the wireless reciever is not waterproof at all. Mine failed predictably so I had to buy whole new controller and receiver setup complete. Luckily it still worked on the wire, but was annoying for a while.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
02 Jun 2020 22:35 #223181 by Reason2doubt
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Riccy wrote:
BBQ looked tasty too :laugh:

Is your winch a winchmax one? (the controller looks like mine). I discovered that the solenoid box isnt that waterproof and the little black box inside it for the wireless reciever is not waterproof at all. Mine failed predictably so I had to buy whole new controller and receiver setup complete. Luckily it still worked on the wire, but was annoying for a while.

There was some meat cooking in the background I promise (noticed it just shows us eating tomatoes in the picture :laugh:)

Yes it's a winchmax - bought it quite a while ago now but just got round to finally getting the thing on.

I had a bit of a poke about before installing it with a view to figure out what might go wrong if it ever did - it seemed OK. From memory, I wanted to check the receiver box didn't have any holes in it. It had multicoloured wires going into it which were heavily braided and kind of hard siliconed in one side of the receiver - does that sound the same to how yours looked?

I will take it out though and have a look to check it over more thoroughly and pay more attention to the other bits in there if you say you have had issues with water. Did you do anything extra to help waterproof it from that point on Riccy?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Jun 2020 16:35 #223228 by Riccy
Good, thought you might be a closet veggie for a moment! :laugh:

yes it was the little black box inside the solenoid box. Its sort of glued together with what looks like hot melt glue. Lasts a while, then goes brittle and leaks.

When I phoned winchmax up to ask about spares they even told me that that part is not waterproof. Surprising really when its meant to be stuck on the front of a car in all weathers. I bought the new ones from amazon for about £20 i think. Not as nice to look at, but do the job.

On the replacement receiver I drilled some small holes and filled it with electricians silicone (CT100 I think its called, but any silicone would do). Not tried dunking it yet, but ok so far. I also wired a switch onto the dash for in/out as a backup to the wired winch controller and two wireless ones.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
03 Jun 2020 18:13 #223231 by Scimike
With a slight departure from the title, yesterday just after 9:00pm I decided to service the engine oil etc.
I tend to purchase service items when they are cheap and store until required. So I dumped the oil out, only after realising I could not remember the location of the new oil I had purchased some time earlier. Luckily a comprehensive search found said oil and the service was completed in 20 minutes, 10 of which went on the the great oil hunt. The moral of the story is always find your service items before you disable the vehicle. :laugh:

I did make me appreciate again that the Jimny is a fantastic vehicle for home service, 10 minutes labour and £21 in service parts, what's not to like.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
03 Jun 2020 20:35 #223234 by Soeley
I fitted my OME 40mm lift kit today ;)

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds