BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jul 2019 11:18 #211586 by Lambert
I would post a picture but I can't photo sound or indeed do it justice recording it on my phone. Sorry. Rest assured though. It's now very loud with the new speakers and clear too, right into the last 5 points of the volume scale. Very chuffed!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2019 12:42 #211587 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Nice, better than the Bluetooth speaker ;) ;) ;)

Don't know where the other posts went?

• Lambert
    Registered
More
28 Jul 2019 13:17 #211588 by Lambert
Different threads. The other is in the post man thread.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2019 20:22 #211613 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ah OK, been one of those days

• Garuuu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jul 2019 11:11 #211648 by Garuuu
Replied by Garuuu on topic What did you do to your jimny today

jtayl153 wrote: Finally got round to taking some pictures of my dual battery system which is now all set up.

Here's my starting battery (just the standard battery).

Here's my Auxillary Battery. Its an Optima D34. It's an amazing battery. It can be used both as a starting battery and a deep cycle battery. It's this that I'll have my winch and fridge running off.

Here's the isolator:

Basically, when I start the car, the starting battery does the work. When the starting battery is fully charged, the isolator kicks in and the Aux battery is then charged. I can run the Aux battery completely flat and it's still able to be recharged, no worries. If the starting battery goes flat (lets say I leave my lights on over night), then I can flick the switch on the isolator, the Aux battery will give some charge to the starting battery, equalizing it, and then I can start.

Also, you know those weird plastic things around the interior? these?

Well I found a use for one of them!

Hey what year is your jimny and did you buy a bracket or did you make one

More
30 Jul 2019 11:30 #211649 by BGBrit
Looks good and pro... Now you just need to change that dirty old brake fluid for safety sake..

More
03 Aug 2019 11:20 #211771 by grumyoldjoe
I did nowt.
Was supposed to change front pads after seeing excellent wiki on here, but.
Unable to get wheels off as the locking nuts are solid and now have snapped heads. see pics
Been on since tyre upgrade in October and I jus cant budge them at all now as the key wont bite.
Will have to wait until Monday now when bro in law garage open and let him sort it.
Just glad not had a puncture during the winter I would have struggled to change wheel.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2019 14:23 - 04 Aug 2019 14:25 #211810 by Reason2doubt
Fitted new steering arms and front panhard rod as the old ones were very corroded. Re-fitted the steering damper I put on a few weeks ago and that works a lot better now with the thicker steering bar. Went to halfords to get the tracking seen to as we could not get it completely straight without the proper kit - cost £32.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Couldn't get the back panhard rod off as one of the bolts was stuck tight. Tried a bolt extractor tool which shattered off. I think I am going to have to hacksaw the captive nuts off on each side and just re-fit them with regular M12 bolts and nylock nuts.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 14:25 by Reason2doubt.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
12 Aug 2019 05:00 #212039 by Lambert
I have been hunting for the source of a squeak for nearly two weeks now. Sounds like a stone in a brake caliper, except it isn't. Had all the brakes in bits and cleaned. Nothing. Then it would stop for a while. Then come back and even occasionally make a almost grinding noise and stop suddenly like the stone having been ejected. Had it up on stands running while I listened with a stethoscope. Nothing. Yesterday it started again but I managed to get it into service whilst it was still squealing. Definitely front near side, so start investigating, wheel off and spin, funny noise like the abs sensor is touching on about 5 teeth on the ring. Take the free wheel hub off and silence. It seems like the inner parts of the free wheel that attaches to the drive shaft had got a little too dry and was sometimes vibrating in it's bushing. Couple of drops of gear oil and reassemble. Test drive to Bradford and sweet az a nut. Just need to repeat on the off side.

The following user(s) said Thank You: zukebob

More
12 Aug 2019 05:39 #212040 by zukebob
Thanks for the post Lambert. I think all of us with manual hubs should take note.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
12 Aug 2019 05:59 #212041 by Lambert
Thank you. It's part of the Jimny way, disseminate knowledge for the benefit of the wider community.

More
23 Aug 2019 13:39 #212580 by Scimike
Well it's a bank holiday weekend and so I have loaded my poor Jimny to the top again, and yes that is the kitchen sink, stove pot and toilet on the roof :laugh:
It really is like a little donkey, it just keeps going no matter what I through at it. Love it to bits.
Soon to be holding up the traffic near you for the next week or two.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds