BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
07 Jul 2019 08:45 #210745 by Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2019 13:05 #210748 by jackonlyjack
I thought exhaust rubber mount had snapped again
But not so lucky it's the flange part of the cat

So for now bit of wire and new cat ordered
Attachments:

More
07 Jul 2019 15:31 #210749 by sniper
Bummer but then again R&B don't give you much trouble.....

sniper

More
07 Jul 2019 16:01 #210750 by jackonlyjack
That's true mate :) i could possibly weld it up
Also it could be the original cat it's done 53k
New cat 65 quid ;)

More
10 Jul 2019 12:42 #210835 by stiffsteve204me
Fitted a couple of clips for a shovel.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Some more on the opposite side. Two for a hatchet, One other for a Fire Stryker extinguisher.

File Attachment:

A couple of pouches for wee odds and sods.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Additional rubber mat, as I don't think that the Suzuki ones will last for long once the boot wearing season arrives.

File Attachment:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
12 Jul 2019 09:22 #210944 by Reason2doubt
Today I finally got my transfer box guard and fuel tank cover fitted.

The fuel tank guard was non-existent, it just fell apart when I pushed on it with my hand, it was completely rotten and wouldn't protect the tank at all. I ordered one from Alibaba in a bulk order a few months ago - it fitted straight on and it is significantly more substantial (about 5mm thick!)

Also in the Alibaba order was the transfer cover plate which is just as thick, bolted straight in and has a nice little Jimny logo/name etched into it. I can't imagine it will look this clean again so thought I would take some pictures.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
12 Jul 2019 09:58 #210947 by Reason2doubt
I did this a little while ago but found the pictures so thought it might be interesting for someone.

Received a new winch bumper to fit (a few months ago) from China (same bulk order from Alibaba as mentioned above).

The bumper on the Jimny was bodged as the previous owner had a minor bump, and now it had started to crack.

File Attachment:

Removed the bumper to reveal a lot more work in terms of welding as the back of the body had rusted away where the body mounts are - not surprising, but then again it isn't as bad as I've seen some! Got it sealed and spray painted to minimise rust in the short term.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Also took the opportunity to fit the new LED headlights to the front while everything was off - did a little tiny bit of wiring. The bumper fitted straight on after hammering the end of the chassis mount on the left side (was bent from the minor ding the previous owner had).

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Put on some of those little eye-lid things to make it look angry (just for fun)

File Attachment:

A bit of spray paint on the front axle and other bits and it was ready to go:

File Attachment:

Not too long after I also replaced the back lights to match - these did require quite a lot of re-wiring but nothing too complicated. I hacked off the existing connection block and replaced it with a computer PCI-E connector (8 pin block) which worked really well. This was then replicated in the bumper. The big difference now is that I have two fog lights on the lower bumper and my running lights and brake lights are up top.

File Attachment:

Started to get a problem with overheating which would only seemed to occur after going over 3000 rpm - turns out it was a broken alternator bracket which was moving and loosening the tension on the belt which meant the water pump was not always spinning. This was an easy fix and sorted out the problem quickly. I also took the opportunity to change the belts, water pump and radiator as these were all quite cheap from eBay.

File Attachment:

Next on the list of things to do is replace the bushes in front and back radius arms. To help ease the process I have bought these second hand radius arms (for £30) and will get to work on them this weekend - hacking the bushes out and putting the new ones in, getting them sprayed and looking nice.

File Attachment:

She's looking all nice and clean now!! And a lot comfier as I managed to fit in some of those Recaro seats.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
12 Jul 2019 22:33 - 12 Jul 2019 22:33 #210977 by yakuza
Hi reason2doubt

you should really get a "myjimny" or a build thread going, very nice pics and info and really deserves its own thread I think :)

Me? Today? started to stick noise dampening mats to my doors and fabricate wood fiber boards in the space where I removed the pocket from the door side. Why? to put some expensive speakers there. :)

wow the noise when I slam the door after all the sound deadening mats, now sounds like a real car door and not a thin kei car hatch :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2019 22:33 by yakuza. Reason: typo. again.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2019 00:49 #210981 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today

stiffsteve204me wrote: Fitted a couple of clips for a shovel.

File Attachment:

Some more on the opposite side. Two for a hatchet, One other for a Fire Stryker extinguisher.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Additional rubber mat, as I don't think that the Suzuki ones will last for long once the boot wearing season arrives.

File Attachment:

Steve.

More nice additions :)
Where did you get the door pocket from?

More
13 Jul 2019 06:35 #210983 by stiffsteve204me

Daniel30 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote: Fitted a couple of clips for a shovel.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Steve.

More nice additions :)
Where did you get the door pocket from?

www.aliexpress.com/item/32914620434.html...1.0.0.2e704c4dMBmlpn

Quality is good - especially for a fiver. :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2019 10:52 #210988 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Yeah it looks like it, need something like this for my mini as well :)

Thanks

More
13 Jul 2019 20:46 #210999 by Scimike
Today I used a clay bar for the first time on the Jimny. It was a Christmas present for use on my classics, but in a "I'll try it on something else first " moment our everyday Jimny was the target.
Totally enjoyed the process and our Jimny's paint, even though clean, was filthy!
The brown muck that came off the surface was unbelievable.
Our Jimny now has a shine to embarrass a new vehicle and a drag coefficient of zero, swear it feels faster :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds