BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
17 Mar 2019 22:23 #204718 by Max Headroom
Hopefully your tenacity will be paid off in full.
Very well done - just that MOT under your belt and I bet you'll be as happy as a prawn in aspic! :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 23:01 #204723 by Me and my Jimny
Cheers, hopefully I'll be back on here to say its passed soon

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Mar 2019 17:17 #205007 by Riccy
Got it dirty :laugh:

Nipped out on a research mission for a breakfast spot and to check a couple of lanes for next weekend.

Then fiddled about getting the roof-rack lights wired in. Front light-bar is connected to the high-beam via a relay and has a switch on the roof pod thing so I can choose if it works or not. Very bright indeed (180w LED):

Added a couple of rear spots for either side as well. These are just on a manual switch & relay (so I can blind anyone too close behind me! so that I can use them without being in reverse):

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2019 11:33 #205040 by Me and my Jimny
Looks good riccy, I'll watch the vid later when I'm not at work.

Hopefully will be able to start getting my own up soon, as after nearly two year off the road mine finally got its mot this morning.

And despite my worries about my first go at welding, body lift, suspension revamp, replacement t-box and everything else all passed. So as a complete amateur at all this I'm well chuffed

More
25 Mar 2019 22:16 #205062 by Max Headroom
Got mine serviced and put through its MOT today. Yaaay
The only worry is that they struggled to get it past the emmissions test. They also noticed I have an aftermarket CAT on the vehicle (previous owners fitted it I expect) and may mean it's not doing the job as well as it should be.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and how did you overcome it?

More
28 Mar 2019 09:44 #205187 by grumyoldjoe
Not today, but earlier in week
Took my 2013 in for MOT and flew through again, no advisories.
Whilst there got them to knock out the front diff filler plug and loosen the rear one.
Just need a day free to do my own fluids and filter changes.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

More
29 Mar 2019 10:50 - 29 Mar 2019 10:51 #205238 by gv42
After having issues with brake pulsing thru the pedal, and just very recently, noisy wheel bearing, with my brother, we set about to change both wheel bearings, and kingpin bearings, new bolts, and the spindle that the wheel bearing sits on, both sets of wheel bearings fell apart, totally shot!

also found the right CV joint was broke, this delayed us, but its all been put right, sweet as, and and the pulsing has gone! bent spindle?
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Mar 2019 10:51 by gv42.

• aaronstones44
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2019 15:59 #205248 by aaronstones44
Replied by aaronstones44 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Hi Everyone!! I'm new to the BigJimny site, and forums in general, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with my post, but I simply have no experience with forums and id like to share what little mods I've done to my 2013 vvti Jimny over the past year or so:

Here goes haha

1. I made a roof rack out of kee clamp and a few L brackets, cost me 50 quid for it, and it's so strong, I've had over 200kg on it, with a rooftop tent and 2 people, I went on one holiday with the roof tent and swiftly took it off when I got home, and its never going back on, it was scary, to say the least!! :unsure: :unsure:

2. I made a sort of camper conversion (in a sense), this was much better than the roof tent, it didn't feel like a small gust would blow it over! I'm 6ft3 and had enough room on the passenger side to sleep, and enough room on the driver side to fit my S.O (just), we spent a week driving around the Isle of Mull last year and was such an adventure!!! Recently spent 4 nights in the lake district traveling around. Takes about 5 minutes to fold the front seats down and fold the bed out, got a 3-inch foam mattress so is super comfy too! :laugh: :laugh: B)

3. Bike Rack!! My favorite so far. I do a lot of biking, and all of the towballl racks that I've tried to interfere with the boot opening, also I was constantly worried about clipping my bikes on a lamp post.( :laugh: :silly: . Just got it back from galvanizing today, just need to make some proper front wheel clamps for the roof rack, but its rock solid!

I have plans in the future to get it lifted, get a decent stereo in it, and generally have fun with it! But that's my Jimny!

I love the forum, and although I've not taken part until now, this site has helped me loads! So thanks guys!! :laugh: :laugh: B)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Mar 2019 20:01 #205261 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Just be aware that the roof weight limit is a measly 30kg including any structure and in the event of a claim on the insurance a loss adjuster will not hesitate to reject if they can lay it against an over weight roof load.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• aaronstones44
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2019 21:10 #205271 by aaronstones44
That's good to know thanks! I definitely won't be putting weight like that on the roof again :silly: :silly:

More
29 Mar 2019 21:17 #205273 by Max Headroom
Welcome aboard Aaron - I love the bike rack - genius! I know exactly what you mean about sticky-out bikes maybe clipping lamposts ;)

• aaronstones44
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Mar 2019 07:06 #205324 by aaronstones44
Thank you! haha, it was a struggle, would be an expensive mistake lol!

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds